Baron Thomas charged with fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called, "natural selection." :D

Well, to make everyone here less selectable, let me point out that 10- to 30-year (a range of years similar to aircraft loans) US Treasuries currently pay in the neighborhood of 3.6% to 4.6%. These are ostensibly the safest investments on the planet. Anything that pays more than that is riskier. Period.

Many people, especially retirees, will try to stretch the yield a bit to provide themselves with a little more income, but do so by unknowingly taking on more risk. A deal backed by a hard "asset" like an airplane might make it seem more foolproof, but it's not. Just ask all the banks holding loans backed by houses.

I feel bad for the Zeilers. I hope they will be able to recover something out of what appears to be a fraud.

Well, to make everyone here less selectable, let me point out that 10- to 30-year (a range of years similar to aircraft loans) US Treasuries currently pay in the neighborhood of 3.6% to 4.6%. These are ostensibly the safest investments on the planet. Anything that pays more than that is riskier. Period.

Many people, especially retirees, will try to stretch the yield a bit to provide themselves with a little more income, but do so by unknowingly taking on more risk. A deal backed by a hard "asset" like an airplane might make it seem more foolproof, but it's not. Just ask all the banks holding loans backed by houses.

I feel bad for the Zeilers. I hope they will be able to recover something out of what appears to be a fraud.

If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

One post contains a mild oath in place of a curse.

One post makes contains comments with obvious antipathy directed towards homosexuals and homosexual activity.

Comparable? I think not.

Ok Flyersfan31, I'll roll over on this one because Barron's sexual preference really has nothing to do with his alleged fraudulent a/c sales activity. Honestly, I could care less about his lifestyle choices. Still, if I posted the story of why Barron left Texas in the first place I'm quite sure I'd have all you choir boys spitting your milk and cookies all over the keyboard. Its a knee slapping, LOL tale but any of you interested in the story will need to source it somewhere else. I'm a bit fearful of The Barron's connections to the Republican Party. Lots of people owe him favors so I think I'll hide behind the rocks this time. He's one of the top fund raisers in the state of AZ which is in itself somewhat ironic given his lifestyle choices. Barron's primary legal team is one of the most powerful in the state and I think there is a strong possibility that he will manage to skate on this whole deal. Of course he may just pull a Houdini if things start going poorly on the legal front. I think it is safe to assume that Barron is a "flight risk" if you know what I mean.

Your story doesn't include any reference to the line "he's dating Miss America" does it?

Ok Flyersfan31, I'll roll over on this one because Barron's sexual preference really has nothing to do with his alleged fraudulent a/c sales activity. Honestly, I could care less about his lifestyle choices. Still, if I posted the story of why Barron left Texas in the first place I'm quite sure I'd have all you choir boys spitting your milk and cookies all over the keyboard. Its a knee slapping, LOL tale but any of you interested in the story will need to source it somewhere else. I'm a bit fearful of The Barron's connections to the Republican Party. Lots of people owe him favors so I think I'll hide behind the rocks this time. He's one of the top fund raisers in the state of AZ which is in itself somewhat ironic given his lifestyle choices. Barron's primary legal team is one of the most powerful in the state and I think there is a strong possibility that he will manage to skate on this whole deal. Of course he may just pull a Houdini if things start going poorly on the legal front. I think it is safe to assume that Barron is a "flight risk" if you know what I mean.

Fair enough. :yesnod:

IMHO, the guy is a scam artist. Guilty guilty guilty. But I suppose we'll have to leave that up to the courts to decide.

I received another post card from him wanting to buy my airplane today, so he is still in business. I wonder how much he would pay me for it. Somehow, I don't believe I would be clicking my heels in celebration with his offer.

Talking to him on the phone left me with the impression he is a nice guy, but the kind of nice guy who believes everyone else is stupid. When I was a kid I worked for a traveling carnival setting up and running rides. The guys that ran the midway game booths sounded a whole lot like BT.

John

I noticed he is no longer on the panel of experts for Plane & Pilot magazine. They replaced him with some "Light Sport Expert."

Barron Thomas has paid the Zeilers $276,000

Ken Zeiler conveniently leaves out that I have paid his family $276,000 to date.

Thank you,

Barron Thomas

Out of how much owed ?

The securities commission filing is not about the Zeilers alone.

Okay Gentlemen,
In order to help as much as I can to secure justice in the Barron Thomas situation, I need to contact recent Texas investors in Barron's 12% program. Also, I think it would help if these investors, Texas residents or not, knew about each other because there are a lot of them out there and much effort has been taken to keep them apart. To this end, I am using my email address of ktzmam@yahoo.com to serve as a data collection point. Confidentiality is assured and up to you, and I can return calls for free.

I am not an attorney, just another pilot. Thanks in advance.

Thanks again.

Ken Zeiler and his family have been paid $276,000 by me to date.

He leaves that part out.

Barron Thomas

Yeah!
A couple of years ago he invited us there to look at a plane that we were interested in.
For no reason at all, he was very rude to us. Needless to say I didn't buy from him.
"What goes arround, comes around!"

Mickey:

I am sorry if you thought I was rude to you.

There's no benefit to me to be rude to anyone.

Can you be more specific on what you think I did that was rude?

I am happy to apologize.

Barron

Hmm, I wonder if this really is Barron Thomas on the forum?

Anyway, my history w/ Mr Thomas as follows:

1) I was selling a plane in 2006, advertised via all the standard mediums and thought to myself, hey lemme call this Barron Thomas guy. Left a couple of messages, no call back. Couple weeks later, I spoke with one of his reps, then still no follow up from them. Finally, a week later, night prior to me flying the plane up to show the eventual purchaser I got a call back. WOW...talk about a lowball. I literally laughed at the offer. Barron Thomas offered me $102k. Just to put it in perspective I sold the plane $175k.

Yeah, I know he's in the biz to make money, no crime here, but funny at the very least!

2) Last week I see an ad for a plane on his website. I leave a message, no returned phone call. I leave another message, I get a returned call with a promise of an e-mail with more info on the plane. No e-mail yet.

3) Also last week, I talk to an individual about planes I'm considering. He tells me he saw a plane on Barron Thomas website I might be interested. I say, yeah, I'll give them another call. He then says, hey if you talk to Barron, would you tell him I'm still waiting for a refund of a deposit that he owes me?

Craziness

A fella at our local airport took a fancy to one of Mr. Thomas' listings... When he called, they kept insisting that they had to have his credit card numbers to show he was serious BEFORE they could discuss the airplane with him because of wasting their time with tire kickers... He wisely hung up on them...

And any damn fool who believes he is going to get 12% on his money, over the phone, deserves what he got...

denny-o

This is non-sense

We have NEVER taken credit cards!!

Thank you

Barron Thomas

Hmm, I wonder if this really is Barron Thomas on the forum?

Anyway, my history w/ Mr Thomas as follows:

1) I was selling a plane in 2006, advertised via all the standard mediums and thought to myself, hey lemme call this Barron Thomas guy. Left a couple of messages, no call back. Couple weeks later, I spoke with one of his reps, then still no follow up from them. Finally, a week later, night prior to me flying the plane up to show the eventual purchaser I got a call back. WOW...talk about a lowball. I literally laughed at the offer. Barron Thomas offered me $102k. Just to put it in perspective I sold the plane $175k.

Yeah, I know he's in the biz to make money, no crime here, but funny at the very least!

2) Last week I see an ad for a plane on his website. I leave a message, no returned phone call. I leave another message, I get a returned call with a promise of an e-mail with more info on the plane. No e-mail yet.

3) Also last week, I talk to an individual about planes I'm considering. He tells me he saw a plane on Barron Thomas website I might be interested. I say, yeah, I'll give them another call. He then says, hey if you talk to Barron, would you tell him I'm still waiting for a refund of a deposit that he owes me?

Craziness

Dear Doubting ( and all readers)

Does it strike the readers as odd that people post these incredible stories with no identifying information?

As to the specific airplane? Or even their identity?

Freedom of speech means exactly that I guess: you can say anything and hide behind a "screen name"

Barron Thomas

Freedom of speech means exactly that I guess: you can say anything and hide behind a "screen name"

It's true.

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Internet_dog.jpg

Does it strike the readers as odd that people post these incredible stories with no identifying information?

Barron Thomas

Many slings and arrows sent your way, and I am in no position to judge, but I respect the fact that you are here, in your own name.

Does he think people just make this stuff up? If so, why only about him?

Many slings and arrows sent your way, and I am in no position to judge, but I respect the fact that you are here, in your own name.

Barron Thomas
Barron, there are many valid reasons people choose to not paste their identities all over the internet. Good news is this is just like a hangar talk at the local FBO, people can listen, maybe do a little more research and decide for themselves.

Just out of curiosity, what is the average ROI your investors have received?

And oh, good luck with this

If you will check out the ads that Barron Thomas has right now (Feb 2010) he has a 1963 Mooney "C" for $28500. The first time I called he answered me right back and said that he had a deposit on it from a buyer and would keep me posted on what transpired. Two weeks later I called him to see what the tail number of the plane was. No response. I called every day for a week. Finally he answered the phone and replied, "if you want to send a deposit I will show you the tail numbers when you arrive on site". What kind of idiot does he think people are anyway?

No sir, that is not correct

We did have a deposit on it, but the buyer was unable to complete his sale ( that happens)

We do not give out Tail numbers for privacy purposes, as has been explained previously.

Thank you, but please quote me properly.

Barron THomas,

Does he think people just make this stuff up? If so, why only about him?

It's not just about me, you can find people saying unbelieveable things about anyone on the internet,

And generally with the total lack of any identifying information, like the guy claiming we asked for his credit card when we have never taken credit cards, and the guy with the Cessna 404 engine trouble when I have never sold or owned ( or even sat in
) a Cessna 404.

Barron Thomas

Barron,

Are you willing to answer my previous question??

"...what is the average ROI your investors have received?"

Of course some definitive evidence to support your claim would be appreciated.

Barron,

Are you willing to answer my previous question??

"...what is the average ROI your investors have received?"

Of course some definitive evidence to support your claim would be appreciated.

So you want a prospectus?

I'm confused in your earlier post you complained about he lowballed and ignored you on a plane you were selling and ignored when you inquired about purchasing a plane.

Were you really an investor who feels unfairly treated?

If he claims every investor received a better than the "stock market" return for the last 10 year. Would you want names or respect the investors privacy, like you claim you need with the anonymous account and no details?

Sorry but if you're too shy to introduce yourself I think you're hiding the pertinent facts and should be ignored.:skeptical:

Another prime example of the need for "thread ignore" on this board. Don't we already know everything we need to know about this deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back