AF Pilot Training Update

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
Hey all,

I am in the hurry up and wait process which is unfortunately the way the military is and has always been. I do go to San Antonio next week for the Flying Class 1 physical which I don't expect any problems with. After that I will be waiting for training dates, most likely it will be October before I go to Officer training and then followed by UPT, Tanker School, and SERE school.
I will keep everyone posted and definitely let you know when I finally get training dates.

Best,

Rudy thanks for the Update. Glad you are doing well. BTW what is UPT or SERE?

UPT= Undergratuate Pilot Training
SERE= Survival Evasion Resistance Escape, basically like a survival skills/POW training type of deal, supposed to be interesting, I am anxious to see.

Best

And enjoy the great Pacific Northwest when you attend SERE at Fairchild AFB.

The scenery was nice. The "classroom environment", not so much

Did my Navy SERE in Warner Springs, CA ... lovely weather, enchanted lodging, local quisine and daily exercise - who could ask for more? :)

Spoken like a man who has not been through that course!! Enjoy, great.....royal pain in the butt is more like it.

Guess I should have used a smiley. :D I didn't take the class (wasn't in the AF) but I saw information on it when I was in AFROTC my first two years of college. If you like snow camping, this might be the thing for you. :D :D

Went through SERE training in January at Fairchild (six feet of snow). The survival aspects were actually fun if you're into the outdoors; the escape, evasion, and POW camp--not. Also went to sea survival down at Homestead, FL. I believe some AF go through a water survival course with the Navy now at Pensacola.

Went through SERE training in January at Fairchild (six feet of snow). The survival aspects were actually fun if you're into the outdoors; the escape, evasion, and POW camp--not. Also went to sea survival down at Homestead, FL. I believe some AF go through a water survival course with the Navy now at Pensacola.

Yes, I will have to go to Pensacola also. I am into the outdoors and will enjoy learning the survival techniques. The other... well I will just have to make it through that, haha.

Yes, I will have to go to Pensacola also. I am into the outdoors and will enjoy learning the survival techniques. The other... well I will just have to make it through that, haha.

I did land survival in October at Fairchild and it was great. A week long paid camping trip. I was lucky enough to have a scoutmaster that had been a USAF survival instructor so that was the way our troop did things. The evasion part was also good but the resistance part sucked totally!

KNPA is not a bad place to do water survival if you aren't there in the middle of winter. But you won't get to see any three eyed fish or two-headed alligators like at Homestead:D.

Good luck and have fun!

Give me a shout when you get to P-cola, I'll take you flying in a REAL airplane again... :D:D

Just got back from San Antonio. I passed the FC1 physical and am cleared for training dates. Just a waiting process now, I expect to be heading off to officer training sometime in September or October.

Best,

Just got back from San Antonio. I passed the FC1 physical and am cleared for training dates. Just a waiting process now, I expect to be heading off to officer training sometime in September or October.

Best,

Good luck Rudy.

Good luck at UPT and then upgrade training, and mostly SERE. I was in an ANG unit with R models for a few years after around ten years in an F-16 unit, and then now the SG for our state. Our new flight surgeons now have to do the same SERE as any other rated flyer, but when I did it, it was easier than a summer camp with the Boy Scouts. Welcome to the Air Force family, and best wishes.

Back