Solo

boeing24

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Pilot Will Hughes
Just got back from soloing today. Just turned sixteen last week but its been bad weather since then (accept for today) otherwise i would have soloed on my birthday. I tried to solo last Sunday but we got about .5 hours into it and my instructor reminded me to give him my medical. At that time, I realized I forgot my medical certificate in my locker at school, so we had to cut it. lol. I was so mad at myself...:mad2:anyway, we got it done today C172, runway 35L at 7 this morning. Should get my license next year when I turn 17! My instrument will soon follow later that year.

Glad it went well.

I knew the weather would support it.

Hope to see you online more often.

Just got back from soloing today. Just turned sixteen last week but its been bad weather since then (accept for today) otherwise i would have soloed on my birthday. I tried to solo last Sunday but we got about .5 hours into it and my instructor reminded me to give him my medical. At that time, I realized I forgot my medical certificate in my locker at school, so we had to cut it. lol. I was so mad at myself...:mad2:anyway, we got it done today C172, runway 35L at 7 this morning. Should get my license next year when I turn 17! My instrument will soon follow later that year.

Congratulations and welcome!

Sounds like you need a "before I go to the airport" checklist...:D

Congratulations. It is indeed a moment to remember. Mine was 57 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday.
The very best of luck to you with your flying.
Dudley Henriques

Congrats! A year will give you plenty of time to prepare for the checkride. Heck you can even start on your instrument if you wanted!

Congratulations Will! Quite an accomplishment! And welcome to PoA!

Congratulations! I am glad to hear you got it done.

Keep this in mind. Since you forgot your medical once, you will never forget any aviation paperwork ever again! lol

David

Excellent! It's something you'll be able to brag about for the rest of your life. WTG!

- Russ

Great Job, good to see another young guy interested and pursuing his goals.

Keep it up,

Good for you. Congratulations and Welcome.

Back