My addiction has condemned me...

Clark1961

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Display name:
In order to support my aviation addiction (in addition to a few other reasons), today I have once again abandoned the life of a free lance petroleum engineer and re-entered the workforce as an employee. Oh the horror of it all.

The horror includes directing the efforts of other engineers. Anybody have a good online course for cat herding?

At least they'll let me fly. Lots of trips to wonnerful windy Wyoming and probably frequent visits to Houston and Dallas.

In order to support my aviation addiction (in addition to a few other reasons), today I have once again abandoned the life of a free lance petroleum engineer and re-entered the workforce as an employee. Oh the horror of it all.

The horror includes directing the efforts of other engineers. Anybody have a good online course for cat herding?

At least they'll let me fly. Lots of trips to wonnerful windy Wyoming and probably frequent visits to Houston and Dallas.

Hey... be nice about Wyoming. :skeptical::skeptical::lol:

I've tried a couple of times. I'm much better at being the cat than the cat herder. :D

Remember this from "Casablanca"? at the end?

]
Victor Laszlo: Thanks. I appreciate it. Welcome back to the fight. This time I *know* our side will win.
[airplane engines start]

The best movie ever made IMHO.......

Hey... be nice about Wyoming. :skeptical::skeptical::lol:

I'm always nice about Wyoming. I typed it was wonnerful, didn't I? I'll even get specific about how wonnerful it is. Wyoming is at it's most wonnerful when it's in the rearview mirror! Howzat for ya?:D

I've tried a couple of times. I'm much better at being the cat than the cat herder. :D

Last time I was a cat herder was about 15 years ago. Cats really haven't changed much since then but there are different flavors of cats in this herd.

Last edited:
And I live in a cubicle.

No cube for me! No corner office either but at least it has a door. On the technical side of things my focus is moving back towards operations and less on studies and evaluations. I haven't worked ops in many, many years and am looking forward to it.

And for your "hmmm..." Mari, nope, you won't see me anywhere along your normal routes (or as a passenger).

I did the cat herding twice. Realized the second time that, while job performance reviews confirmed I was very good at it, I detested it. In fact, the second time around even blessed me with a stalker, after having to let go an employee ... that was fun!

I'm much better as a cat than a cat herder. Best of luck!

It's so he can move over when a Comanche comes up behind him. :D

Did that Comanche finally get off the ground? Last I saw they were still pumping gas and talking 'bout finding an A&P to fix the gear...

Did that Comanche finally get off the ground? Last I saw they were still pumping gas and talking 'bout finding an A&P to fix the gear...

Must not be my Comanche, my gear is fine.

Good to see the Denver contingent with jobs again... I guess. I can never figure out if it's a good thing or not. :idea:

I'm still looking. Picking up some small consulting gigs. Pays for the hangar and fuel and that's all.

BTW - for those who hang out at FTG, Ann Herb (CSR MGR) resigned. Today was her last day.

However...we're having a party for her this coming Saturday, probably around 2 pm at the FBO. There's cake and other goodies.

Back