Free flights to Military personnel.

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
What was that website? I knew a few of us signed up.....but I forgot to bookmark it.

Know a guy trying to get from Md to San Antonio area and back around the Christmas holidays. Or do we want to do a good ole shuttle relay on our own? Dec 18 - Jan 3

Edit: Found it

http://pilotjunk.com/Forums/index.php

Last edited:
Yeah. That's what I am thinking.

No way GA will be cheaper than SWA:

Baltimore, MD to San Antonio, TX

Air Itinerary and Pricing

Pricing Passenger Type Trip Routing Fare Type Base Fare Govt. Taxes
and Fees

Quantity Total Adult Depart BWI-BNA-SAT Wanna Get Away $231.63 $37.07 1 $268.70
Your Pricing Breakdown

Close
fare_product_header_close.gif

Base Fare $231.63 + Excise Taxes $17.37 Advertised Fare $249.00 + Segment Fee $7.20 + Passenger Facility Charge $7.50 + Security Fee 1 $5.00 Total per Passenger $268.70 x 1 Passenger(s) Total $268.70 1 Security Fee is the government-imposed September 11th Security Fee.

Adult Return SAT-BNA-BWI Wanna Get Away $136.74 $29.96 1 $166.70
Your Pricing Breakdown

Close
fare_product_header_close.gif

Base Fare $136.74 + Excise Taxes $10.26 Advertised Fare $147.00 + Segment Fee $7.20 + Passenger Facility Charge $7.50 + Security Fee 1 $5.00 Total per Passenger $166.70 x 1 Passenger(s) Total $166.70 1 Security Fee is the government-imposed September 11th Security Fee.

Please read the fare rules associated with this purchase. $368.37 $67.03 1 $435.40

Free > $435.40 ?

If you say so.

The guy can't afford $435.40

Nevermind, he made other arrangements.

Last edited:
That's not the point.

Are you actually interested in moving the soldier from point A to point B as quickly as possible for as little cost (to him) as possible?

Then a relay or direct GA from BWI to San Antonio is not the best option.

I applaud the intent, but the risk of delay while on leave is far greater if the transport mode is GA -- and let me tell you from experience -- every minute of leave is precious.

It'd be cheaper to have everyone pitch in $50 bucks.

On one occasion I just bought an AF passenger a ticket. It was cheaper and the weather forecast wasn't promising. I split it with the relay pilot.

Our Ride Board is still there...we just haven't promoted it.

http://www.pilotjunk.com/Forums/

Stars and Stripes has said they are going to write an article about it, but they haven't done that yet.

We're not really sure how to promote it, even though it's a good idea at the core.

Our Ride Board is still there...we just haven't promoted it.

http://www.pilotjunk.com/Forums/

Stars and Stripes has said they are going to write an article about it, but they haven't done that yet.

We're not really sure how to promote it, even though it's a good idea at the core.

Jebert,

I've done some mods for www.pilotsnpaws.org for transporting dogs. One of them will build a google map of all the pilot volunteers. It's running on the same forum software you're using (phpbb). If you want the code, let me know. Another mod has you put zipcodes in the request and adds another line for From and To City in the subject. The requests can also be seen on a google map, skyvector or runwayfinder.

Back