Good News!

Oh, and one more thing. Welcome to the ancient and eternal order of lieutenanthood.

It's ancient, allright, but not necessarily eternal.

WOOT! (as my daughters would say)

That gets the "Post of the Day" award! Congrats, Rudy!

Don't mind me, I talk to myself a lot. Happens out in the boonies. :D

Here are some of those photos. One is from the time Henning was here and Rudy flew in with his little brother and Lance and Jesse flew down and other people came too. The last one is Rudy from last August when he flew into the farm for my birthday party. There are some photos of Rudy and Jim Belew at Gaston's somewhere here in a Gaston's thread.

Great pics, Diana. Rudy's almost got a Matt Damon-look going on.

:) Sometimes I feel like a forum historian and thought I'd show Rudy through the years that he has been part of the family here.

Weren't Rudy and his Grandfather featured in a national magazine once, too? Newsweek, or US News and World Report?

Weren't Rudy and his Grandfather featured in a national magazine once, too? Newsweek, or US News and World Report?
Oh, yeah, I had forgotten about that! It was one of those magazines, or it might have been Time. I bet there's a thread here about it. :yes:

Outstanding! When do you start training?
More importantly, when are you going to bring a T-38 to Gaston's?:D I've got dibs on the first ride OK?

Congrats Rudy on your well deserved training slot.

More importantly, when are you going to bring a T-38 to Gaston's?:D I've got dibs on the first ride OK?

Congrats Rudy on your well deserved training slot.

Oh...That's right, he's going to have to live in Wichita Falls!!! Every Silver Balloon has a Lead Lining....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Add my name to the 'envious of Rudy' list! (I woulda been a Naval Aviator- :rolleyes:flying hot jets off aircraft carriers :yikes: , except for a birthday problem... mine was about 15 years too early, and they didn't want girls flying their airplanes. Well, back then I THOUGHT I could learn to do that. In retrospect, though, maybe I'm a LOT better off with only 210 hp.)

I bet I'm in good company when I say I look forward to regular progress reports, Rudy.

Thanks for all the kind words and congratulations! I am not sure yet when I will begin yet, I have to get a lot of paper work and out processing done in order to get training dates. As many of the service members here know it is a "hurry up and wait" process."

I couldnt be more excited and am going to try and keep everyone here posted on the progress.

Thanks again to all and more to come.

Best,

Uh, no. It won't do that. Even with only 1500 lbs of fuel.

OK, Mountain home is close enough. If that's not suitable there's always Branson or Boone County. I'll even offer to fly Rudy to/from 3M0:yes:

I'm sure his superior officers would understand.:devil:

OK, Mountain home is close enough. If that's not suitable there's always Branson or Boone County. I'll even offer to fly Rudy to/from 3M0:yes:

I'm sure his superior officers would understand.:devil:

Harrison AR is good as well. Used to be a really hot chick running that place...:yesnod::devil:

Based on what I watched happen to a local fella who was selected for navy flying, you may want to be real quiet about your private pilot ticket once you hit training...

Our local guy grew up in an FBO family, learned to fly before he could drive, had a CFI ticket, unlimited low level aerobatic show waiver, etc... When he got to navy flight school, this was constantly thrown up in his face by a couple of the instructors... He is quiet, not a braggart, not a show off, not confrontational... But it just dogged him... One instructor told him he was being watched and he would be washed out the first time he did anything wrong... No one is perfect... He did make an error in identifying a target in a simulated combat night training mission, and was promptly reassigned to non flying duty (recruiter) for the rest of his hitch...

Today he is flying an airliner, so happy endings are possible, but he feels he was held to a different standard than the other pilots simply because of his being a pilot before going into training... Just something for you to be aware of... Good luck...

denny-o

I would be really surprised if he encounters any of this in USAF training these days - especially with a good attitude. A lot has changed - even since I went through UPT 10 years ago. I got my ticket in high school and no one even looked twice at me. Now, all SUPT students get a private ticket before starting UPT.

Just study hard, take care of your classmates and be prepared to fly everyday (cause you normally will). Oh, and have FUN!

Back