Pilots of America Member Map

Greebo

N9017H - C172M (1976)
Display Name

Display name:
Retired Evil Overlord
I've been introduced to a site that will let us create our own member location map, so I went ahead and set one up!

http://www.frappr.com/pilotsofamerica

Click on the above link, and click "Add Yourself", and fill out your data (name, zip code and a little message "shoutout"), and then click "Add me!".

The more people fill it out, the better view of our demographics we'll get!

Enjoy!

MC NOTE: The original link is no longer working. The link to the new map administered by Aunt Peggy is https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=451754#.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive always wanted one of those, now lets hotlink it at the top of every page!

Pretty cool map. I've started making one of my own with pictures of each flying destination...

I added myself!!
This is pretty cool!

Chuck,

I managed to get two photos uploaded in Frappr while trying to add a description to the first one. Can you delete one?

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited:
Chuck,

I added myself but I should have flipped the picture 90 degrees befor uploading it...how do I undo and redo? Thanks, Len

I'll delete your entry and you can make a new one. That's about it.

Added.

Interesting demographics.

* idly wonders why there's such a cluster along the eastern seaboard...much more space out west, me thinks :D *

Forgot to mention that we'll have to set up a map like that once we're up and running. That'd be interesting to watch as it grows.

Last edited:
Hmm. Some problems with this interface - I've removed you, but you're still there. Figures... :/

While you're fixin' stuff Chuck, I added a picture and somehow my shout got doubled from "Rotors Rule" to "Rotors Rule Rotors Rule"...

Greebo said:
I've been introduced to a site that will let us create our own member location map, so I went ahead and set one up!

http://www.frappr.com/pilotsofamerica

Click on the above link, and click "Add Yourself", and fill out your data (name, zip code and a little message "shoutout"), and then click "Add me!".

The more people fill it out, the better view of our demographics we'll get!

Enjoy!

I did, but it doesn't show me on the map:( . Oh well, I guess they don't know where Australia is.:dunno:

I'm suprised we don't have more members down in Florida.

BTW, Mike S: How do you like your Maule?

Dan

Well, we're leveraging a free utility here and all the programming is done by other people and all I am is the 'local admin' for our custom map.

So unfortunately if something doesn't work right when I try to remove dup comments or delete a sideways picture, I'm kinda stuck.

HOWEVER - there is a hack being worked on right now that takes our member data and generates a map in the same fashion using the same google engine - but it requires our users to enter their latitude and longitude. What a coincidence that latitude and longitude is something we deal with regularly. :)

Greebo said:
So unfortunately if something doesn't work right when I try to remove dup comments or delete a sideways picture, I'm kinda stuck.

chuck I made a map for another group and as admin, you can delete comments or pictures for users - its not an particularily easy button to locate but it has worked for me. (too bad they don't allow users to edit their own, this adds a huge amount of work to the admin)

Chuck - how about a link at the top of the page, next to Home, Links, Database, etc?

Last edited:
chuck I made a map for another group and as admin, you can delete comments or pictures for users - its not an particularily easy button to locate but it has worked for me. (too bad they don't allow users to edit their own, this adds a huge amount of work to the admin)
I know what the admin functions say you can do. The problem is that even after I DO them, they don't get updated. I deleted *everything* related to Len last night and his stuff was still showing up even with a cleared cache.

Chuck - how about a link at the top of the page, next to Home, Links, Database, etc?
With this one, I don't think so. Once we have one thats more automated (pulling info from us instead of us manually feeding it in), THEN I'll do the link. :)

Nice, Chuck. I'm there. Also, interesting that I can look at the basic I-40E route that I just U-Haul(ed) from Flagstaff and X-country to Tennessee and Virginia; then I-81N(and connectors) to Pennsylvania, NY, MA, NH, and back to Maine.

HR

Greebo said:
The problem is that even after I DO them, they don't get updated.

I am finding a delay of several hours before requests are processed.

Mike Schneider said:
The number of members on the map is up to 99! You can be number 100. Neat map. -- Mike

Well, I accidentally became #100. ???? I, inadvertently, hit the Remove me button and I was GONE -- had to set-up again.

HR

Mike Schneider said:
The number of members on the map is up to 99! You can be number 100. Neat map. -- Mike

And lots of names who are mostly lurkers. Step on up and jump in, the water is OK...

Cool map. Now I need a bigger computer screen so I can see our Alaska people and Henning down in Oz.

(Aren't there more people in the Frozen North besides me? Gah!)

terry

I'm a lurker, one from NYC, although my point seems to have ended up in the east river, which I hope isn't an omen of ****ing off some mobster.

infotango said:
I'm a lurker, one from NYC, although my point seems to have ended up in the east river, which I hope isn't an omen of ****ing off some mobster.

Funny!

You can "edit this entry" in your profile on Frappr to correct your location, by entering the correct coordinates in decimal degrees. Make sure the longitude is a negative value or you will end up on the wrong side of the world.

Some of you need to move out west we have lots of room and very few Restricted Areas. I'm in as well. Neat idea.

I kept getting an invalid e-mail address when trying to upload a small pic. Oh well. Back to work <g>

Best,

Dave

Back