Anyone near Phoenix?

stingray

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Daniel Michaels
I am in Phoenix for a week and was wondering if there is anyone around here. I would like to take my brother and girlfriend up for a ride.

Dan

I'm in the Phoenix area. Weather sucks right now (as I'm sure you're aware), but should get better at some point. Let me know.

That's great Bill. That rain today was awesome, near hurricane force. :)

Hopefully Saturday or Sunday. Those are the only days she has off.

Dan

I was watching the Barrett -Jackson auto auction on Speed channel tonight. Wow. you ain't kidding on the weather... Looked just like a hurricane came through. Cessna has and maybe had a outdoor booth there with a what looked like a Corvallis with a tent over it. Since they probably could not anchor the tent down into the pavement there is a good chance it was blown away.. Lets hope they didn't ding up a nice new plane.

It was nasty...it looks like we may have lost one of our biggest, nicest trees in our front yard...it's partially pulled out of the ground. We got almost half of our annual rainfall in the last 30 hours. I checked the METARS at some of my local airports, and they were reporting winds of more than 50 knots. Amazingly...I switched on the frequency for Phoenix Approach...and there were still some airplanes coming in! Lots of nasty weather reported from the cockpits, too. Mountain waves high up, light to moderate turbulence from about FL 230 all the way down to the ground, and heavy precip.

I was thinking leave WI in late Jan for some golf in AZ. Think Again :-(

Dan

Back