Going to Hawaii

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
I know I haven't posted in awhile........ but this is too good not to share, I will be going to Hawaii next March to provide Weather support until December. Also... I go in front of the pilot board in Feburary with degree in hand and hope for a job. Hopefully I'll go to Hawaii and then to pilot training after.
Just thought I would share.
Best,

Good luck with the board!

I like Hawaii...where will you be?

Good luck with the board!

I like Hawaii...where will you be?

Wheeler Army Airfield, on Oahu. Never been, Excited to see the islands, maybe rent a plane and explore!
Best,

Sounds like a great adventure Rudy. Good luck!

Wow! Rudy, that is GREAT! :yes:

So, you'll be graduating from PSU in December?

I've heard some good stories about flying in Hawaii. I hear the main reason you need to fly with an instructor is learn how to pronounce the names.

Have fun Rudy.

Joe

I've heard some good stories about flying in Hawaii. I hear the main reason you need to fly with an instructor is learn how to pronounce the names.

Have fun Rudy.

Joe
Also stay away from the steam clouds off the volcano (Big Island). The "vog" was bad enough my last visit.

You're going to love it. I've flown in Hawaii a few times. Warning, it's expensive. Last time, in 2007, I paid $200/hr dual for a 172 out of Kona. $500 to circumnavigate the big island. But, it's worth it. And, I second the idea of not getting checked out, just take the CFI. They make great tour guides and can pronounce the reporting points on the radio. Only Class B airport I've flown out of or into in HNL.

Have fun Rudy.

Joe

The main thing I got out of my check out there was getting a copy of the air tour route with all the reporting points and frequencies. It made it easy and less stressful to blend in with the helo operators while hanging out over the lava flows. That was out of Sporty's at Hilo on the big island. There's some aviation enthusiasts there on Oahu. The president of Hawaiian airlines is an aerobatic pilot that owns a Giles and flies out Honolulu.

Rudy you may also want to check out the glider op at Dillingham on the north shore. I've heard good things about them.

My Hawaii story:

Mice were first cloned in a lab of a little Japanese guy maned Ryuzo Yaminagachi at the Univeristy of Hawaii. As I was looking for a job I he got interested in hiring me, as he wanted to start a cloning center in Hawaii. I went home to my wife and told her I had a job opportunity in Hawaii. She immediately said no. She wouldn't go to Hawaii, she'd get island fever. No way.

I wounded up taking a position the midwest. Ever day for that first very long, very cold winter I exclaimed to my spouse, "if it wasn't for you I'd be in the sun in Hawaii!".

About a year later I had the opportunity to buy into an aircraft. To sell it to my wife I simply said that if she let me buy the airplane I would refrain from complaining about the cold and talking about Hawaii. I met with instant success.

My Hawaii story:

Mice were first cloned in a lab of a little Japanese guy maned Ryuzo Yaminagachi at the Univeristy of Hawaii. As I was looking for a job I he got interested in hiring me, as he wanted to start a cloning center in Hawaii. I went home to my wife and told her I had a job opportunity in Hawaii. She immediately said no. She wouldn't go to Hawaii, she'd get island fever. No way.

I wounded up taking a position the midwest. Ever day for that first very long, very cold winter I exclaimed to my spouse, "if it wasn't for you I'd be in the sun in Hawaii!".

About a year later I had the opportunity to buy into an aircraft. To sell it to my wife I simply said that if she let me buy the airplane I would refrain from complaining about the cold and talking about Hawaii. I met with instant success.

Known in my family as "Polynesian paralysis". The urge to do as little as possible while enjoying paradise. :D

Known in my family as "Polynesian paralysis". The urge to do as little as possible while enjoying paradise. :D

Kinda what I was thinking. I told her the words "tropical paradise" just don't sound like they have a down side.

Hey Rudy! :) How about an update? :)

Hello all,

Unfortunately the trip got cancelled. I did put in for a pilots slot and should be hearing soon about an interview if I receive one.

Best,
Rudy

Back