Flight Lesson: 1-08-10

Snaggletooth

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Dustin
After two Months of no Flight lessons I got back in the Left Seat!! On top of that, It was my first time flying with my new CFI, and his 172E. Top notch CFI, and I loved the way the old Vintage 172E flew. It was like the perfect mix between my two favorite Planes. a C152, and a later model C172. Anyway, on to the lesson.

I got to the Airport and met my new CFI. Great guy. We sat in the terminal for a second and talked, while he looked over my Logbook. Then we braved the biting cold on the short walk to the hanger. It was about 35F. :D I preflighted the Plane then we pulled the old bird out of the hanger and taxied to to Runway Three One. We climbed up to 2,000ft and established cruse. We made a few turns then I put the plane in Slow Flight. After we did slow flight we started doing stalls. We started off with some Approach to landing stalls. After we did those we went in to Departure Stalls. My CFI asked me to talk him through what I needed to do for the Departure Stall. I'm glad I did, because the way my old CFI taught me to do them is far from how they should be done. After a few Departure Stalls we headed back to the airport for some Touch and Goes.

We had a a nice 17 Knot Crosswind gusting to 24 Knots. Couple that with a much narrower, shorter runway than I had been using and two months of rust built up on my Airmanship skills and we had a nice challenge for my first few landings. Over all, not to bad.

I had a great time with my new CFI, and flying an old bird like his 172E was a blast.

I'm not sure at this point when I'll get to fly again, it should not be 2 months this time. I'm shooting for a week from now.

I now have 31.8 Hours logged.

Fly safe,
Snag Out.

Is his version posted somewhere?:rofl:

After two Months of no Flight lessons I got back in the Left Seat!! On top of that, It was my first time flying with my new CFI, and his 172E. Top notch CFI, and I loved the way the old Vintage 172E flew. It was like the perfect mix between my two favorite Planes. a C152, and a later model C172. Anyway, on to the lesson.

I got to the Airport and met my new CFI. Great guy. We sat in the terminal for a second and talked, while he looked over my Logbook. Then we braved the biting cold on the short walk to the hanger. It was about 35F. :D I preflighted the Plane then we pulled the old bird out of the hanger and taxied to to Runway Three One. We climbed up to 2,000ft and established cruse. We made a few turns then I put the plane in Slow Flight. After we did slow flight we started doing stalls. We started off with some Approach to landing stalls. After we did those we went in to Departure Stalls. My CFI asked me to talk him through what I needed to do for the Departure Stall. I'm glad I did, because the way my old CFI taught me to do them is far from how they should be done. After a few Departure Stalls we headed back to the airport for some Touch and Goes.

We had a a nice 17 Knot Crosswind gusting to 24 Knots. Couple that with a much narrower, shorter runway than I had been using and two months of rust built up on my Airmanship skills and we had a nice challenge for my first few landings. Over all, not to bad.

I had a great time with my new CFI, and flying an old bird like his 172E was a blast.

I'm not sure at this point when I'll get to fly again, it should not be 2 months this time. I'm shooting for a week from now.

I now have 31.8 Hours logged.

Fly safe,
Snag Out.

Ok, perhaps I could have worded things different lol

It's good that you are flying with someone new and feeling like you're learning new things instead of being reviewed unnecessarily.
Never flew an "E" model... did you like the manual flaps?

The manual flaps were quite different, but I like using them.
It's a great plane to fly. I like it alot better than the 172N.

..... What did I say other than "I like it alot better than the 172N"
I never said I don't like the 172N, I just like the 172E better.

Good to hear Snag! Glad you like the plane and the CFI. Makes all the difference! I'm happy for ya!:thumbsup:

Dutch is just mess'n w/ya. He knows the N sucks.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back