First Flight lesson in two months, coming soon

Snaggletooth

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Dustin
At the end of the week, I'll be getting my first Flight lesson in over two months, my first flight of 2010, and my first time up with my new CFI. I'll be flying a Cessna 172E.

Great news, Snag! Keep us posted! :thumbsup:

It also looks as if I may be flying once a week again too, but we'll have to wait and see.

Don't get down on yourself in the plane if you discover some rust....have you flown with the new CFI or in this particular plane yet?

Don't get down on yourself in the plane if you discover some rust....have you flown with the new CFI or in this particular plane yet?

I know there is going to be a layer of surface rust that will need to be dusted off to get me back to my former proficiency.

I've never been up with this CFI, or flown the plane before. It will be a learning experience across the board. It will also only be my second time flying out of BYY.

Well, Today's the day!! I can't wait to once again take flight!
The weather is looking great, too.

KBYY 081347Z AUTO 35014G20KT 10SM CLR M02/M09 A3053 RMK AO2 T10201095

Good for you - Have fun and let us know how it goes... where are you in Texas?

I'll have a new post up after I get back.
Yes, I'm in Texas.

Have fun :) I went for my first lesson in 12 years just a few weeks ago, in a Diamond DA-20. I'm working on getting current again after a long break. The DA-20 is a cool little airplane, and although things were familiar I was so rusty it was like starting over. I hope you don't have as thick a layer of rust as I do :)

I've been (ok everyone, get ready to freak) playing FSX over the last two months, as well as reading books and watching DVD's, to try to keep learning while I could not fly. It also helped in keeping me from pulling out all my hair.

Where..... as in what part of Texas, are you in Texas?

Back