Display name:
Jesse
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Nice 'blower.

But that much snow... that's sick.

Jesse- you look thoroughly domesticated in those pictures! :)
My "east coast" snow blower was almost adequate for the task- the snow was 2x as tall as the opening. I used a shovel to "calve off" a section, blow that away, then repeat until it was all done.

Did Lincoln clean the streets enough for you to drive yet? I almost got stuck yesterday with a 4x4.

Well, look at the bright side...when you find it let us know.:D Guess'n you won't see it till the sun comes out.B)

Looks like it fell nice, no wind. Keep that crap up in husker land, wildcats don't care for snow....or huskers.:rofl:

Be careful and stay warm.:thumbsup:

Hmm... that might prove difficult to drive over.

Nice machine! If it keeps snowing, blowing and drifting, you'll probably want a set of driftcutters. I cobbled mine together out of a couple of old lawnmower blades, but I'm cheap...

Trapper John

Hmm... that might prove difficult to drive over.

Jesse, I'll bet you were hoping for some snow to try your blower on. Another example of why you should be careful what you wish for.

According to my neighbor we got about two feet at home between Wednesday and Friday. He borrowed my tractor to clear out our driveways (we share about half of it and the total is close to half a mile so a walk behind would take a while).

Those pictures make me wish that I would have gotten my camera out at the airport yesterday. Jesse, I'm just east of you, and south of Omaha at PMV. My hanger is south-facing on the southern-most row. The airport is currently closed, but I'm hopeful that they'll get it open today because I want to fly down to Kansas City tomorrow morning.

To help with this I started to dig out my hanger since I'm working all day today, but I quickly realized that I wasn't going to make a dent in the 4.5' drifts that go from the door back about 12'. Instead I trenched a path to the door and then dug out caves for my kids to play in. We had a ball! I may have burned them out on going to the airport to fly, but I can always think of someway new to get them there.

ROTFLMYAO...

Ain't it great owning a house?

I just finished putting my snow blower back together, it probably will even run.

Nice 'blower.

But that much snow... that's sick.

At least it was not a wet snow... nice blower indeed.. I used to have one of those but left it behind in Rapid City in 1995. Never looked back.

Gotta love that machine huh Jess?
Yes, best money I've spent in a long damn time. If it blew up I'd probably pay thousands for another one, don't tell the snow blower dealers...

Yes, best money I've spent in a long damn time. If it blew up I'd probably pay thousands for another one, don't tell the snow blower dealers...

The first time we lived in Dubuque from 1999-2004 we had a lot of snow only 1 year of those five...we rented so didn't need a machine

This time we own a house and the first year we had lots of snow but weren't sure if we really needed to buy a snow blower because of our past experience (our neighbor let us borrow his the first couple of times). Well, after about the 3rd major snowfall that first winter we went ahead and bought one the size of the one Jesse owns...so glad we did 'cause we've had major snow EVERY year we've been here this time, going through our 3rd winter this time around. And so glad we had to buy one the size of jesse's cause the stores were all out of the smaller ones...this last snowstorm a few weeks ago, even the one we have was barely big enough.

And, yes, Greg did say he hopes we get our money's worth..and YES, we've got our money's worth...lol

I'm not gonna lie, Jesse, I am a little bit jealous. I miss snow like that (we used to get storms like that at least once every winter in New Hampshire.

But your snowblower is a beast, and much nicer than the one we had to use.

Those pictures make me wish that I would have gotten my camera out at the airport yesterday. Jesse, I'm just east of you, and south of Omaha at PMV. My hanger is south-facing on the southern-most row. The airport is currently closed, but I'm hopeful that they'll get it open today because I want to fly down to Kansas City tomorrow morning.

To help with this I started to dig out my hanger since I'm working all day today, but I quickly realized that I wasn't going to make a dent in the 4.5' drifts that go from the door back about 12'. Instead I trenched a path to the door and then dug out caves for my kids to play in. We had a ball! I may have burned them out on going to the airport to fly, but I can always think of someway new to get them there.

Joe,

I don't know how I've missed you around the board before, but welcome! I spent most of the last week in Gretna with family (family that happens to be from Glenwood). If I had known that I could have played in airport snow caves I would made the trip down to Plattsmouth to meet you. :D

Nice pictures! We really got hammered pretty good, lots of drifting. Looks like you are having fun though Jesse. Right tool for the right job.

At least it was not a wet snow... nice blower indeed.. I used to have one of those but left it behind in Rapid City in 1995. Never looked back.

I tried to leave my snow shovel behind when I left Denver in 1983 for a move to California. Darned movers packed it and it's still in my garage. What do I need with a snow shovel here? :rolleyes:

Back