Returning to the Skys....

Snaggletooth

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Dustin
After taking a forced one month break from Flying I'm proud to announce that this weekend I'll be once again taking Flight. This time I will be getting Flight lessons through Civil Air Patrol.

Rockity rolley, Snags!

Keep us posted.

Great to hear, Snag! I'm finally back to my solo status after a busy 3.5 months. Just got back an hr or so ago.

I figured you'd have your lic by now, Snag! What has been the hold up?

See ya later.

No Flight last weekend. The weather was horrible. ceiling of 300ft and 1/2sm Visibility was about as good as it got. How ever, I did get to fly at night in a CAP O-Flight last tuesday night. I sat in the back to let another Cadet sit in the right seat. None of the other Cadets in my Squadron get to fly much.

I too was hoping to have my PPL before now. Lessons tend to slow down when your bank account reads $0.00. rofl

BUT! The good news is at the start of the new year, I'll jump back in to things with a new CFI and I'll be flying a 1964 Cessna 172E.

Well.... after talking to a few local Pilot's it turns out I have 30.8 Hours and know very little other than the basics. I've been taught fairly well how to fly the plane in the traffic pattern and a bit on XC Nav work, but lack in Flight maneuvers (Only done Steep turns once, Stalls a few time, and slow flight twice in 30 Hours of flying). I've also been given no ground school (which is why I know so little). I also have no experience talking to ATC. None.

My new CFI gives about 20 hours or so of Ground school, and does it on a individual basis.

Sorry to hear that, Snag. Glad your not give'n up. :thumbsup:

I have no plans to stop. I've picked Aviation to be my Career.
I love flying, and have put to much in to it to just walk away from it now.

Back