Great Grandma

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Jan 3, 1908 - Dec 17, 2009

I've posted here before about my Great Grandma. She fell earlier this fall, in late Sept. or so and had to go to the nursing home. Up until then she had lived at home. Things sorta went downhill fast for her once she got to the home but she wasn't exactly a spring chicken either. Being just a month shy of 102 I'd say that she did just fine. She was ready to go, her husband died in 2004 (he was one month shy of 101), and she was ready to join him. Sounds like I get to go home early for christmas.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMGP8653.jpg
    IMGP8653.jpg
    460.7 KB · Views: 173
I'm so so sorry to hear about that Tony. It sounds like she had a long and happy life.

That's a fabulous picture, you should print out a copy and take it home with you.

Sorry about your loss, Tony :( That is a great picture, looks like genuine happiness in all of your smiles :)

Sorry to hear, Tony. Glad you and Leah were able to share your wedding day with her. I'm sure it meant a lot to her and over time will mean even more to you. God bless you and your family.

I'm very sorry Tony. Its little consolation, but 102 is an amazingly long life, and I'm sure seeing you married was a very big deal to her.

Blessings on all of you, Tony. She must have been very proud of you and all you have accomplished (and, come to think of it, still is).

My condolences, Tony. Amy's told me about what a neat woman she was, and that she was ready to go. Hard to ask for much more than that.

A wonderful picture, as well.

Doubtless you brought her a LOT of joy in her long, amazing, and I'm sure not always joyful, life.

That picture is a perfect example.

i usually tried to visit her when i was home. she was always thrilled to see me, and me her.

Tony, Sorry for your loss, our thought and prayers go out to you and your family.

Tony, I'm very sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was a wonderful person and had a great life. I know you and your family can relive all the good times through the Christmas season. My thought and prayers are with you and yours.

Tony, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. :(

That is a wonderful photo of the three of you.

As you and your family mourn her loss, hopefully you will also be able to celebrate her life.

Tony, sorry for your loss. Amazing to think about all that she has witnessed in the past 102 years. My condolenses to you and your family.

102 year old is a good run. I'm pretty sure if Grandma were posting here on POA should would wonder what all the fuss was about. Living that long, beating the odds, watching her family grow and prosper was a rich reward. This is a time for a few tears, but in the end this should be a celebration of a wonderful, long life. Be proud about here life and the love she gave you all. Honor her by remembering the life's lessons she taught and use them in your life.

I'm just sorry you and your family have to deal with this.

Last edited:
Tony,

Our sincerest condoloences on the loss of your great grandmother. That picture is beatuiful; may your time with family this holiday season rekindle wonderful memories and bring you peace.

-Jessie and Andrew

Tony,

My condolences. Grandmas are special people, and it sounds like yours was exceptionally so. I think there does come a time when someone is ready to go. My grandma was like that, too.

Hugs,
Judy

Hard to add anything to the comments already posted. Condolances, Hugs and warm thoughts.

Missa

Condolences for your loss. You Goyim live a long time. I didn't have grandparents by the time I reached high school, and only know great-grandparents from stories. Must be all that clean living.

Sorry to hear this Tony, I am happy to see that longevity runs in the family so I look forward to having you around for the next 80 years.

Having known your Great Grand mother is a wonderful thing, we know you'll miss her.

We are sorry for your loss.

102 year old is a good run. I'm pretty sure if Grandma were posting here on POA should would wonder what all the fuss was about. Living that long, beating the odds, watching her family grow and prosper was a rich reward. This is a time for a few tears, but in the end this should be a celebration of a wonderful, long life. Be proud about here life and the love she gave you all. Honor her by remembering the life's lessons she taught and use them in your life.

I'm just sorry you and your family have to deal with this.

Well said. Sorry for your loss Tony.

102 wow She has seen so much in her lifetime. Its great you could share your day with her. I'm betting it was just as special for her.

Condolences for your loss. You Goyim live a long time. I didn't have grandparents by the time I reached high school, and only know great-grandparents from stories. Must be all that clean living.
Goyim Schmoyim. After the candles, I got to plug in the christmas lights.

Out of respect we dont' light 'em until the holiday is over. After all, it was those rooskies with the christmas trees that burnt her great grandma out of the house in Vilna.......

She died at 102.

She was born at at time of great unrest. the GDP of Europe had remained stagnant for 100 years. The population quadrupled.

She survived the war to avenge the Archduke Ferdinand.
She grew up in the Roaring 20s (emigrated in 1927).
She survived the depression.
She missed Treblinka
"You can't fool me, I vote Pucinski"

These folks have see an amazing life.

So we don't plug in the xmas lights until tonight.

Last edited:
102 wow She has seen so much in her lifetime. Its great you could share your day with her. I'm betting it was just as special for her.
+1. That's a great picture, Tony.

Tony, sounds like she led a fulfilling life, got to see you married, and is now back with her husband. I know you'll miss her and always remember her, and she'll live on in your hearts through that. And if she was of faith, she's with her maker, and will live forever.

So sorry to hear the news Tony.. but she knows you care.. and knows you found a girl who cares too.. to go visit her all dressed up for a wedding.. that is what really counts.. and she knew it.

My sympathies, Tony. Sounds like she was a great lady.

-Rich

My condolences, Tony. You are lucky for the time you got to spend with her.

I will join the others in their comments and wishes. That IS a wonderful picture. The memories will be with you always.

So sorry, Tony. But that is a wonderful picture that you'll always have.

Kaye

Sorry to hear about your loss Tony. She had a great run! Breaking the century mark is a wonderful thing...the picture is awesome..enjoy your memories!!!

Back