What Are Your Goals For 2010?

Hey Andrew...have a perfect place you can go to fill in MI on your map.

I am trying to finish up 2009 by getting my commercial licenses. I passed the written this past Friday, I am going to try and knock my checkride out by the end of the year. So my goal for 2010 is :

1. CFI, I am ready to jump feet first into it.
2. CFII, plan on knocking this out as soon as I finish the CFI.
3. Try to find a job teaching if I can.
4. ME add on to my commercial license.
5. MEI if I can afford it.

1. Fly more
2. Visit more new places
3. Comm rating
4. At least two Grace Flight missions
5. At least one Veterans Airlift Command mission
6. Fly to Mexico

1. Fly more
2. Visit more new places
3. Comm rating
4. At least two Grace Flight missions
5. At least one Veterans Airlift Command mission
6. Fly to Mexico

Ahem....

Make it FLY!

013.JPG

1) Get instrument rated
2) Add 4 new states (Indiana, Michigan, California, and 1 more).
3) Break 100 hours
4) Fly a non-cessna

1) Get instrument rated
2) Add 4 new states (Indiana, Michigan, California, and 1 more).
3) Break 100 hours
4) Fly a non-cessna

Those are all (well mostly) admirable goals.

May I suggest that a Piper product might be the proper aircraft to fly?:smile:

The flying in California bit, well, you know that if you spend money in California it only encourages the locals to tax and regulate more, right? :D

Those are all (well mostly) admirable goals.

May I suggest that a Piper product might be the proper aircraft to fly?:smile:

The flying in California bit, well, you know that if you spend money in California it only encourages the locals to tax and regulate more, right? :D

Why thank you.

As for the flying in california part, I said that because I will be going to school in California (Cal Poly San Luis Obispo), and definitely want to continue flying while I'm there... even if it is just a couple times.

As for the flying in california part, I said that because I will be going to school in California (Cal Poly San Luis Obispo)

I am terribly sorry to learn of your future circumstances.:frown3: Perhaps in time things will get better!:D

Schedule and pass the IR checkride
Break the 500 hour mark (I'll need 131 this year)
Enjoy the new plane and not spend on new toys this first year......(this is not going to be easy)
Take some long trips and enjoy the new ride
Land on the turf....yep roll around in the grass
Knock out GA and FL to get the east coast covered

Sell the 24, and have another safe year.

6y9.
Fly a glider.
Remain employed.
Get and stay under 200 pounds.

Last edited:
Pass medical (haven't needed to get one for 5 years) For bonus points, a Class II
Commercial
Remain employed!
6Y9
Gaston's
Wings
Windwood
>= 1 LifeLine Pilot flight
Airventure
Add Hawaii to states flown in.

Get my first plane to my home airport. I purchased it last week but have been unable to get it home due to icy weather!

My goals for 2010? Do a lot more sailing. In fact, I've put a deposit down on an MC Scow, a 16ft single hand racing scow, and plan to do the Sunday afternoon race series at the club this year. No crew needed, it is a known fast boat, so if I don't do well, I know exactly where the problem lies. I'm looking forward to the competition.

Oh yea, and I'll fly some.

More IR training & get checked out in the 182, get the endorsement. If the PA-180 is fun the 230 HP 182 must be a blast! Dave

Pay off my house and NOT sell the Fly Baby.

Matt is the only person I know that gets excited when he hears the words "Ice Storm". ;)

That's because he'll get to go play with his favorite toy!

LOG-ren-and-stimpy-1552749-500-400.jpg

That's because he'll get to go play with his favorite toy!

LOG-ren-and-stimpy-1552749-500-400.jpg

Dammit Ted! As soon as I saw that, all I could hear in my head was "It's looooog, it's looooog, it's big, it's heavy it's wood... It's looooog, it's looooog, it's better than bad, it's good!" :mad3: :D

What rolls down stairs, alone or in pairs?
Rolls over your neighbor's dog?
It's great for a snack
It fits on your back
It's log!
Log!
Log!

Lol BTW that's Matt's favorite Ren and Stimpy tune :D

You have not lived till you are trying to carry a huge LOG up a muddy hill through bushes, around landscaping walls, in 90 degree humidity and somebody starts to even vaguely hum that tune. It's better than bad.

Thinking about a Husky............

Sounds like you bought the wrong plane. :D

3000' is too short? Wings is only 3700'

No, what I've done is created the perfect excuse to get another one and start my own little airforce!!!:D

Goals are the same as this 2009- don't do nothin' stupid with a plane.

Thinking about a Husky............

Cool! You know, you'll have to bring it to 6Y9.

BTW, if you can afford it, they changed the ailerons in the 2005 model year and they fly WAY better than they did before that. :yes:

Airplane......currently trying to get past the fear factor of owning.

Owning is great! You don't have to answer to anybody but yourself on the plane, and it's always available whyen you want it.

Back