Dreamliner's gonna fly...

sounds familiar. believe it when I see it although I do have the feeling that they might actually pull it off this time.

I'm very stoked. I blocked out my work calendar at 1 to watch the live stream. I can't wait...

"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!"

Wrong thread? :rofl:

Now if I could just get one of the sources to stream. Hurting for band width sitting at the gate at SEA.

AHAHA did anyone else hear the "with you" while they were playing the ATC? Luckily no "any traffic..."

Sorry, I know it's not that big of a deal but as much as it gets talked about on here it made me laugh,

It's cool that they'll be playing ATC without commentary.

Yup, got it in my right ear. Those guys aren't used to announcing other than flight levels... when the co-pilot (I presume) checked in with Center, he did a lot of stammering for saying "level at 1,600". Almost sounded like me! :rofl:

Tracking:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE1

Watching that T-33A with the gear down and maybe 50' above the deck, right along side the 787... that was some slick airmanship.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Does anyone know why the first flight was delayed? Did it have something to do with the Windows 7 release?

(Chuckle)

Looks like they may need to shoot an approach to come back in...

Watching that T-33A with the gear down and maybe 50' above the deck, right along side the 787... that was some slick airmanship.

Cheers,

-Andrew

That was something. Pretty cool stuff.

Wouldn't mind being one of those pilots now that we know it flies.

i see they did their best imitation of Ted and I's takeoff from gastons in the Aztruck.

i see they did their best imitation of Ted and I's takeoff from gastons in the Aztruck.

I can just hear them in the cockpit now:

"I bet we make a tail of water just like Ted and Tony did at Gaston's!"

"Yeah, wish they here now. I wonder if we can get permission to bring the plane to Mountain Home next June?"

YAHOO has a video of the takeoff...
Notice the dihedral, hokey smokes... It oughta be stable in roll...

denny-o

yeah that kinda reminded me of this....

marzinzik10.jpg

no fair, those wings practicaly started out above the fuselage.

I too was surprised by the dihedral. I'm sure it's exactly as designed, but it's a real departure from the norm.

It's the closest I've seen to a real-world application of the elliptical and circular wing concepts born in the '60s. The idea was that if you tape the wingtips together, the tip vortices are so confused that they just give up and move on to the next aircraft.

Most wayward vortices found their way to helicopters and toilets, resulting in the inception of gyroscopic precession and the familiar tornadic flushing action we all enjoy today.

M

Most wayward vortices found their way to helicopters and toilets, resulting in the inception of gyroscopic precession and the familiar tornadic flushing action we all enjoy today.

M

Man, I KNEW there was something about all that I did not understand.

You'se a genius!

I've got two questions:

1. What is that balloon-looking thing hanging off the back of the tail?

and

2. Did those pilots get their FAST training certificates before flying formation with the T-33's? :rolleyes: :nono:

Barb

Only got to see the t/o and landing......nice landing. :yesnod:

Was listening to NPR the next morning on the way to work, and someone commented on some of the 'tests' that they did, which included dangerous things like "STALLS IN MID AIR!!!!!" :yikes::yikes::yikes:

:rofl:

King5.com reports that 787 number two will fly this morning (Tuesday's), weather permitting.

Darn, I hate it when those turbofans stall in mid air...

denny-o

Meh.

Happens all the time. Embarrassing, but not endemic to the Dreamliner.

Back