56 182 ........ selling N6399A

:(

Dang, and that is such a sweet airplane! If I had the money, I'd buy it.

Did you post it on any of the other boards...the purple or the red board?

If I was close by, I'd come join you.

It is that ......... and the Margaritas are flowing. I haven't posted on other boards ......... am currently trying to get it on Craigslist around the country. Will probably be at that all night.

It is that ......... and the Margaritas are flowing. I haven't posted on other boards ......... am currently trying to get it on Craigslist around the country. Will probably be at that all night.

Wow, NO RESERVE, too... you're a brave soul. Glad to see one bid on there already, but I know you want more than it shows.

Wow, NO RESERVE, too... you're a brave soul. Glad to see one bid on there already, but I know you want more than it shows.

I do indeed ....... but already have people wanting to come look at it so maybe I'll get close. :fcross:

Hate to bother, but could we get a photo of the panel and what is normal cruise speed with the stol kit?

Thanks

Last time I flew it it would also fly at "0" IAS:D Light, she'll carry a deck angle where the pitot quits working. It really is a fun airplane and in excellent condition. I couldn't find a squawk on it when I preflighted, and there are people on this board who can attest to the thoroughness of my preflight first time I get in a plane.

Last time I flew it it would also fly at "0" IAS:D Light, she'll carry a deck angle where the pitot quits working. It really is a fun airplane and in excellent condition. I couldn't find a squawk on it when I preflighted, and there are people on this board who can attest to the thoroughness of my preflight first time I get in a plane.

Yeah ..... one can actually feel themselves aging while you preflight.

I look at it daily, but I would need to sell my 172 befor opening my wallet up.
Tom T.

I fervently hope that whomever it is that buys her, loves her.

Edit:

Y'know, Jesse and Tristan would look GREAT in a 182.

I'm just sayin'...

Haven't met, but the last time I sold an airplane Trade-a-plane was instrumental. Looks really sweet, wish I had the cash to burn. Good luck, and sorry the economy got to you.

Soooo I know I haven't been around much lately and have no business asking for favors ...... but I'm in kind of a pickle .... so if you guys could help me out by just mentioning this sale to whoever you think might be interested. Ya never know who might know someone who knows someone. Anyway ..... I'd really appreciate it. :)

I passed the word along to a couple of people, hopefully you get some nibbles.

I was just gonna ask the looks like you delisted the plane. I thought someone bought it but then saw it relisted with a buy it now price.

No it looks like there were bids and she had no reserve on it but then ended the auction early so perhaps she sold it off ebay.

Oops. :blush: Shows how much I use eBay! :rolleyes:

Sad that, even at that price, no one grabbed it.

She removed the Cessna before the end of the bidding. It is pretty scary to watch your prized airplane sit there with no reserve, very little bidding, and at a very low price.

She should have had a reserve.

I was bidding on it!

Kgruber see if you can get ahold of her off line. I hear it is an awesome plane. Perhaps you can strike a deal good for both of you.

She must have found a buyer...

Her buy it now price was $45k, the last bid before she cancelled the auction on Saturday was $37k. The auction was originally scheduled to run through Tuesday evening so over 3 days of bidding remained. I think the bidding would have come close to the $45k...and easily went over $40k.

I guess sheri will let us know in good time.

Last edited:
That plane for $45k is a steal. As nice as it looks in pictures, it's multiples nicer in person.

Especially with Sheri nearby!

I don't know if it has closed yet, but the plane was sold privately and she got a good figure for it.

Sure :smile:

Normal cruise is about 122kts.

That seems slow if you're talking TAS. Seems to me the early 182s were the fastest and a later model can easily manage 135 KTAS with 145 doable if you're at the right altitude and burning too much fuel.

I keep mine below 65% power, lean to 11gph, and get between 127 to 130kts TAS depending on altitude.

I can easily cruise 10kts faster but it's not worth the extra 3 to 4 gph.

That seems slow if you're talking TAS. Seems to me the early 182s were the fastest and a later model can easily manage 135 KTAS with 145 doable if you're at the right altitude and burning too much fuel.

Hers would do 145 but it would chew about 17gph to do it.

From the north west flyers page

"Buddy of mine bought it. I flew him over the hump to fly it home. On the return he passed over my head and snapped a picture of me so fast I never saw him. It is indeed a very nice plane."

Tom,

Wish I 'd known ......... I would have made sure to say "Hello". So ...... yeah it's gone ..... that was a very sad day for me but I have gotten a lot of calls from people that have very nice 182 clubs ........ so I'm seriously considering that option. In the meantime I can make my house payments for a LOOOOONG time. And promptly bought myself a new truck and a really nice dog. I Know ....... sad replacements ...... but needed and wanted nonetheless. Thanks to everyone for being so helpful. I'll try to be around a little more and will have my thumb out in July. :smile:

Back