56 182 ........ selling N6399A

N6399A

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
N6399A
1956 Cessna 182 N6399A SN:33199 $55,000.00
GREAT flying airplane. TTAF 5038 SMOH 257 SPOH 50 IFR 2001 paint and leather interior
Clean airframe with NO corrosion. Damage history includes only minor hanger rash and a wing tip tweak due to a run in on the ground with a dust devil. Both were professionally repaired. The autopilot along with the dual glideslopes and the DME make this a very capable IFR machine.
Engine: Continental O-470-L. Overhauled by LYCON (February 2006) All new factory cylinders ported and polished.
Prop: Hartzell 3-blade …….. Over hauled in 2007 by Warner Prop in Tucson AZ.
Avionics: King KA-134 Audio Panel, King KY-97 760 Ch. Digital com, Narco MK-12D 720 Ch. Digital Nav.Com w/Glideslope, Narco Nav-122 Self-Contained Nav. w/glideslope and markers, Narco 890 digital DME, King KT-76A Transponder w/Encoder, STEC -20 Autopilot coupled to HDG and Nav1, PS Engineering 4 place intercom with dual PTT.
Additional Equipment and Modifications: Horton STOL with flap and aileron gap seals, wing fences, and leading edge cuffs; Alternator conversion; Oil filter conversion; stand-by vacuum; speed fairings;updated primer system;UBG-16 Engine analyzer with data port; wing tip strobes; fuselage strobe (replaced rotating beacon); Updated gyros; Cleveland wheels and brakes; new tires; new ELT battery; new main battery; Pilot’s map light; Articulating and vertically adjusting pilot seat; Instrument Flood Lighting; 12-Volt DC Aux. power source; rear passenger reading lights; pitot heat; landing and taxi lights; 55 gal. usable fuel.
Inspection Status: Annual preformed 09/09. Great logs!!!
For more info call 509-435-2613 leave message or email sherimarlin@gmail.com

Attachments

• N6399A-extright.jpg
    N6399A-extright.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 56 182 4.jpg
    56 182 4.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 124
  • 182 7.jpg
    182 7.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 107
  • N6399A-ext2.jpg
    N6399A-ext2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Sheri! how have you been?? sorry to hear you gotta sell the plane. What a sweet 182.

Been OK ......... kinda turned my life upside down ....... just got my flight review and flew the plane from Phoenix up here to Spokane. Great flight but circumstances have changed and ....... well ....... now I need to part with my bird.

Sheri, we miss you!

Memo to: The World
Re: Sheri's Airplane

--------------------

It's nice!

Could you post some pictures? Sounds like a nice airplane.

Miss you guys too. Just been so busy and not able to fly. Added some pics to the ad. Hate to sell her but no choice.

sheri-

ive been doing well. spent senior year of college flying charters, got ATP, graduated, had a job, lost it before i even started, managed to get another one, Leah went through similar and both of us ended up in Wichita, got married. I suppose that about summarizes life since we last spoke.

sheri-

ive been doing well. spent senior year of college flying charters, got ATP, graduated, had a job, lost it before i even started, managed to get another one, Leah went through similar and both of us ended up in Wichita, got married. I suppose that about summarizes life since we last spoke.

hell of a summary

sheri-

That's quite a list of accomplishments. Congrats on all. :smile:

Wow, Sheri, great to hear from you, sorry you have to sell that gorgeous, beautifully maintained and wonderfully flying bird of yours.

While you didn't list a price, I'm sure whomever buys it won't be paying enough, since its so nice.

Wow, Sheri, great to hear from you, sorry you have to sell that gorgeous, beautifully maintained and wonderfully flying bird of yours.

While you didn't list a price, I'm sure whomever buys it won't be paying enough, since its so nice.

The price is in the first line. A bargain from what I've seen. Somebody's going to have a nice airplane for that money.

Nick, sounds like a perfect bird for ya! You've already flown it too!

Hate to bother, but could we get a photo of the panel and what is normal cruise speed with the stol kit?

Thanks

Hate to bother, but could we get a photo of the panel and what is normal cruise speed with the stol kit?

Thanks

Sure :smile:

Normal cruise is about 122kts.

The panel has been cleaned up since these pictures. By that I mean the placards are now black that there has been some paint touch up.

Attachments

• 56 182.jpg
    56 182.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 182 5.jpg
    182 5.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 182d.jpg
    182d.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 182e.jpg
    182e.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 45

Hey Nick .......... long time ....... how's the IR going? Are ya still is NM?

Yeah ....... it's gonna be a very sad day when that plane leaves. It's priced out to go soon.

Hey Nick .......... long time ....... how's the IR going? Are ya still is NM?

Yeah ....... it's gonna be a very sad day when that plane leaves. It's priced out to go soon.

Yep, still in New Mexico, probably for a while until I move to North Carolina in a few years (if things go well). The IR is...ummm....still in progress, I guess. I haven't touched it since February.

I wish I was in the market right now, but I recently got engaged and need to spend my airplane money on the wedding/a house now.

Soon....soon.

Yep, still in New Mexico, probably for a while until I move to North Carolina in a few years (if things go well). The IR is...ummm....still in progress, I guess. I haven't touched it since February.

I wish I was in the market right now, but I recently got engaged and need to spend my airplane money on the wedding/a house now.

Soon....soon.

Congrats on the engagement!!!! That's way cool.

Hi Shari. Long time.

Hi Greg ..... wasn't it you that did such a great job getting 99A off the ground and out of the water at Gastons? No ... wait .... that was me.

But I couldn't have done it without you with me telling me what to do. :)

Hi Greg ..... wasn't it you that did such a great job getting 99A off the ground and out of the water at Gastons? No ... wait .... that was me.

But I couldn't have done it without you with me telling me what to do. :)

Yeah, me. And yes you could. LOL

Soooo I know I haven't been around much lately and have no business asking for favors ...... but I'm in kind of a pickle .... so if you guys could help me out by just mentioning this sale to whoever you think might be interested. Ya never know who might know someone who knows someone. Anyway ..... I'd really appreciate it. :)

Hey Sheri - Nice to hear from you!

Hope everything's well. I hope you find a buyer quickly.

-Felix

Nice to see your name back on the board, Sheri, but not so much for this reason!! I've always lusted after those classic straight tail 182's, and yours is a beauty!! Sorry to hear you're having to sell it... and welcome back!

We haven't met, but as you probably know, the used airplane market has never been this bad; ever. As a result, my advice is to be very realistic about price if you want it gone.

I appraised a 72 model 182 for a client earlier this week. NAAA, Blue Book and other valuation services were all consistent in the mid-40's retail high 30's wholesale. Many listed prices are much higher, but the ads for those airplanes run for months with no action. It's hard to gag down if you're trying to sell, but the market ain't what it used to be.

But it could be worse. I'm working on a valuation now for the owner of a Citation V that he bought about 18 months ago for $3.5MM. It's now worth about $1.8MM. He is not a happy guy.

Soooo I know I haven't been around much lately and have no business asking for favors ...... but I'm in kind of a pickle .... so if you guys could help me out by just mentioning this sale to whoever you think might be interested. Ya never know who might know someone who knows someone. Anyway ..... I'd really appreciate it. :)

Hey Sheri! We've missed you here, and at OSH, and at Gaston's. You really liven things up, that's for sure! :D

Sorry you're selling your 182. Dang. :(

Well, Tom has a few students looking to buy right now, so I'll pass this info along for ya.

Take care! And don't be a stranger. :)

Last edited:
We haven't met, but as you probably know, the used airplane market has never been this bad; ever. As a result, my advice is to be very realistic about price if you want it gone.

I appraised a 72 model 182 for a client earlier this week. NAAA, Blue Book and other valuation services were all consistent in the mid-40's retail high 30's wholesale. Many listed prices are much higher, but the ads for those airplanes run for months with no action. It's hard to gag down if you're trying to sell, but the market ain't what it used to be.

But it could be worse. I'm working on a valuation now for the owner of a Citation V that he bought about 18 months ago for $3.5MM. It's now worth about $1.8MM. He is not a happy guy.

Hi Wayne,
Yeah ...... I know this is the worst time to sell an airplane and I am prepared to accept an offer that I'm sure will be painful. Guess I should probably add obo to the ad.

Hey Shari! We've missed you here, and at OSH, and at Gaston's. You really liven things up, that's for sure! :D

Sorry you're selling your 182. Dang. :(

Well, Tom has a few students looking to buy right now, so I'll pass this info along for ya.

Take care! And don't be a stranger. :)

Thanks girlfriend. Have really missed you ...... and was so hoping to make one of those trips this year. This is killing me. Still kinda can't believe it.

Hi Wayne,
Yeah ...... I know this is the worst time to sell an airplane and I am prepared to accept an offer that I'm sure will be painful. Guess I should probably add obo to the ad.

I e-mailed your ad to several friends that are looking, they have a bunch of questions about it, I told them to talk to you not me.

It is a nice aircraft, I'd stick to my price for a while, hoping it will sell.

I e-mailed your ad to several friends that are looking, they have a bunch of questions about it, I told them to talk to you not me.

It is a nice aircraft, I'd stick to my price for a while, hoping it will sell.

Thanks much Tom. The airplane is in Spokane ...... so close for any WA folks.

Wow, that is an amazing looking plane! It is really too bad that you have to sell it.

sheri-

Tony you forgot to mention the grand kids.

It's impossible to predict what might happen on any particular airplane, so all you can do is run the ad and see what happens. As the Alpo guys say about any new offering, their biggest concern is that the dogs won't eat it. It looks like a nice one.

Hi Wayne,

Sheri,

I cross-posted your ad over on the Cessna Pilots Society website. Hope it helps.

Back