We're bombing the moon tomorrow (Friday) 0731 EDT

There's a difference between bombing and running into something.

Apparently some of the conspiracy fanatics are having a field day with the whole "bombing" comments made by the news media. Splitting the moon in half, pushing it out of orbit. Deorbiting it into the Earth.:loco: I guess they ran out of man on the moon conspiracy theories after 40 years.

I think we just wanted to bomb something without an insurgency.
-harry

I think we just wanted to bomb something without an insurgency.
-harry

And we failed...

FP6132.jpg

There's a difference between bombing and running into something.

Apparently some of the conspiracy fanatics are having a field day with the whole "bombing" comments made by the news media. Splitting the moon in half, pushing it out of orbit. Deorbiting it into the Earth.:loco: I guess they ran out of man on the moon conspiracy theories after 40 years.

Or NASA was fixing the moon's orbit. You see NASA knew the moon was escaping us at a whooping 38 mm per year and used the "search for water" as a cover to fix it with a well calculated hit. The resulting dust obscured the ion thruster secretly landed to nudge the moon back in place.:loco:

I mean, after failing to turn Jupiter super nova with Galileo they had to do something right. :rolleyes:

Or NASA was fixing the moon's orbit. You see NASA knew the moon was escaping us at a whooping 38 mm per year and used the "search for water" as a cover to fix it with a well calculated hit. The resulting dust obscured the ion thruster secretly landed to nudge the moon back in place.:loco:

I mean, after failing to turn Jupiter super nova with Galileo they had to do something right. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately with the strongest ion thruster in existence it would take over 10 trillion years to stop the moon from escaping. :nonod:

Unfortunately with the strongest ion thruster in existence it would take over 10 trillion years to stop the moon from escaping. :nonod:

The parasitic drag from the expanded sun in about 4-5 billion years will put an end to that.

It's just a pre-emptive strike. When you think about it, the moon really had it coming. The moon has been slow to support our world view. Let this be a lesson to the entire universe that ours is a righteous cause!:nono:

It's just a pre-emptive strike. When you think about it, the moon really had it coming. The moon has been slow to support our world view. Let this be a lesson to the entire universe that ours is a righteous cause!:nono:

Since when did the Moon attack us? :frown2:

Nice try.

Since when did the Moon attack us? :frown2:

Nice try.
It was thinking about attacking us. We didn't have time to look for WMD. Let's be realistic. Do you really want to wait until they drop a nuke on New York before you take action?
We have a tried and true policy here. Shoot first and don't ask questions!:yikes:

This isn't SZ, I will say no more.

It was thinking about attacking us. We didn't have time to look for WMD. Let's be realistic. Do you really want to wait until they drop a nuke on New York before you take action?
We have a tried and true policy here. Shoot first and don't ask questions!:yikes:
LOL!!!

Don't forget that the moon is responsible for lowering water level around the globe. It strike with little warning but like clockwork!! :D

Don't forget that the moon is responsible for lowering water level around the globe. It strike with little warning but like clockwork!! :D

Yea. Fourish billion years of predicatable to the nearest minute isn't enough warning.

I was at an observatory educational talk, the speaker said something catastrophic was going to happen in x billion years. A lady spoke up, "did you say, 'x million years'?", the answer was "no, x Billion years".
She let out a sigh of relief.

I was at an observatory educational talk, the speaker said something catastrophic was going to happen in x billion years. A lady spoke up, "did you say, 'x million years'?", the answer was "no, x Billion years".
She let out a sigh of relief.

Tell them that the habitable zone of the solar system is moving outward as the sun heats up. The earth won't get torched for a few billion years however the oceans will start to boil off and turn us into Venus in something like 1 billion years. I was reading some stuff a while back saying in about 500 million years it's going to start getting rough around here.

Of crap, there are insurgents:
http://www.examiner.com/x-2912-Seattle-Exopolitics-Examiner~y2009m6d19-NASA-moon-bombing-violates-space-law--may-cause-conflict-with-lunar-extraterrestrial-civilizations
...The NASA moon bombing, a component of the LCROSS mission, may also trigger conflict with known extraterrestrial civilizations on the moon as reported on the moon in witnessed statements by U.S. astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong, and in witnessed statements to NSA (National Security Agency) photos and documents regarding an extraterrestrial base on the dark side of the moon.

If the true intent of the LCROSS mission moon bombing is a hostile act by NASA against known extraterrestrial civilizations and settlements on the moon, then NASA and by extension the U.S. government are guilty of aggressive war which is the most serious of war crimes under the U.N. Charter and the Geneva Conventions, to which the U.S. is subject...
-harry

Tell them that the habitable zone of the solar system is moving outward as the sun heats up. The earth won't get torched for a few billion years however the oceans will start to boil off and turn us into Venus in something like 1 billion years. I was reading some stuff a while back saying in about 500 million years it's going to start getting rough around here.

It is hard to imagine life without the Spin Zone. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It is hard to imagine life without the Spin Zone. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Huh? I don't go to the spin zone so it's probably an inside joke or something. I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

Back