Wichita Flight Festival Aug 29th & 30th

i have a wedding shower...in Kansas City...

So that must mean your skipping the shower and sneaking over :rofl:

I've gone several years in a row (I live in Wichita) and have always enjoyed it. Warning: this year, for the first time, it's free. I'd expect big crowds, and the parking isn't great. They do use a shuttle system though.

Cant wait to check it out for the 1st time.

I'm happy to provide directions, information, etc. for anybody that will be in Wichita this weekend. If you'll PM me, I'll pass along my cell number.

I haven't decided yet. Or, more accurately, I haven't asked my wife for the time off yet :). I'm off work for the weekend, though, so we'll see.

The Mrs. told me I should go smell the jet fuel. So the next door neighbor & I will be there for Saturday at least. I'll be hanging out with the OK wing of the CAF and their PT19.

It's official, I made it to Wichita today. I think I'll be going to the night show/concert tonight with my parents, then to the main event tomorrow (Sunday), hopefully all day. Anybody else still going to be around?

Well everyone else made it there except me. I had a last minute notice on our class reunion :eek: and the wife wanted to go so thats were we ended up.
Was told it was a good time up there and a decent crowd. Anyone have pic's?

got a few. We were running busy start of show till end. I took a 30 minute walk around and got a few pictures, and tried on a locally manufactured ultralight. (Belite) It was a fun, nicely organized show with great weather to go with it. (A cool north breeze in August, who woulda imagined that?) :yes:
I have to dig the camera out of the motorcyle saddlebag and see if they came out okay

Back