Grass Strip modified @ the airpark

PLAirpark

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
MissouriAirparks
So we took the initiative to fix the runway to make it safer. We Cleared the trees at the end of the runway and took a bunch off the side. :thumbsup: We are waiting for the electric company to take out the power line that was running through those trees we took out at the end but when it is gone it should be alot more inviting to land there :yes:.
runway%20aerial%202%20august%202009.jpg

runway%20aerial%20august%202009.jpg

Here is what it looked like before.
MU24aerial.jpg

I got to give you credit you have put a lot of work into that field. Good on you. One question does the approach end of 10 abut those trees. It looks aweful close but the photo could be deceiving.

That looks much better. So there are unmarked wires now, though? Where are the power lines? On the approach to 28??

I got to give you credit you have put a lot of work into that field. Good on you. One question does the approach end of 10 abut those trees. It looks aweful close but the photo could be deceiving.
10 has 20' after the line that is painted at the end before the trees.
That powerline shouldnt be there more than 30 days but here is the picture that is on our site that shows where it is. The pole is 1/2 painted orange so once your on your actual approach it is visible.
runway2009marked.jpg

Oh snap he knows my nickname :rofl:

I have had it for 28 years and I dont know how people keep hearing it.:lol:

Nice change there, Bubba; maybe next time I'm up your way, I'll drop by in the Bo.

Back