[NA] Letter to our Pets

Greebo

N9017H - C172M (1976)
Display Name

Display name:
Retired Evil Overlord
(Source unknown)

Dear Dogs and Cats,

The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years...canine or feline attendance is not mandatory.

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough!

To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our front door:

Rules for Non-Pet Owners Who Visit and Like to Complain About Our Pets:

1. They live here. You don't.
  2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That's why they call it "fur"niture.)
  3. I like my pets a lot better than most people.
  4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.
  5. Dogs and cats are better than kids ...they eat less, don't ask for Money all the time, are easier to train, usually come when called, never Drive your car, don't hang out with drug-using friends, don't smoke or drink, don't worry about having to buy the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes, and don't need a gazillion dollars for college - and if they get pregnant, you can sell the children.

my dog, clyde, giving me the "don't leave me at home, i want to go flying with you".

dcroce said:
my dog, clyde, giving me the "don't leave me at home, i want to go flying with you".

How do they learn that look. Do they practice it in the mirror when you're not around?

dcroce said:

pretty dog! he looks like a black lab but I think I see some white on his chest?

woodstock said:
pretty dog! he looks like a black lab but I think I see some white on his chest?

he's a type of mastiff called Fila Brasileira ... sort of a lab on steroids.

Okay, my turn. Pic is a little washed out (lousy scanner) but my dog can still kick your dog's butt... :D

Ken Ibold said:
Sorry guys, but REAL dogs only come in white.

:p ... I'll tell Clyde.

any of you take your dogs up? if so, what kind of plane? i'd like to take mine up with me, but i think that a 172 is be a little small for him.

dcroce said:

any of you take your dogs up? if so, what kind of plane? i'd like to take mine up with me, but i think that a 172 is be a little small for him.

Yep. In the A36. Never a problem for us.

Chip

dcroceany of you take your dogs up? if so said:
Yep. well, used to when I had the Lance. No reason to put her in the Citabria.

My wife learned one lesson about that, though. The dog was in the rear baggage compartment, and Cathy was sitting in the back row (club seats) next to the door, with her purse between the seats. The dog spent the trip looking forward between the seats ... and put about what seemed like a quart of drool into Cathy's purse, which had been open. Yuck.

dcroce said:

Yep, first in a 172, then in the 182. Two border terriers, average 20 lbs each. They don't like it.

dcroce said:

My first Husky (60 lbs) was happy to fly in anything including a 172, a 177RG, and a Bonanza. She generally flopped down on the back seat for the whole trip.

Ken~
American Eskimo or young Sam? Clever of you to have such light colored carpet, too! ;)

n741dm said:
Ken~
American Eskimo or young Sam? Clever of you to have such light colored carpet, too! ;)
Actually, an OLD sammie. That photo was taken when she was 11. She's now 13.

My mother in law breeds/shows Samoyeds. This particular one had 12 points (w/ 4-pt major) on her when we turned her into a pet. Sammies are great with kids.

A couple of shots of our dog Roxy, a Shepherd/Akita mix, taken about a year apart.

gibbons said:
Well, that's better than a lab on speed.

Here's one of ours.

Chip

My family has owned two labs. Is there a kind that isn't on speed? ;)

Jim G

Ken Ibold said:
Sorry guys, but REAL dogs only come in white.

How old? Our Moy is almost 10, and WAY too sound sensitive to fly, unfortunately. Yours looks like a fairly large member of the breed. Kayak is 85 pounds of, as my wife puts it, fir and attitude.

Jim G

dcroce said:

I've taken my 80lb black lab up in the 172,182, and 206s. I have yet to have him in the V35 yet though. He usually slept on the bench seat in the back of the 172/182. It was great the first few times when he'd move back and forth in the back of the 172. "CG right... CG left... CG right..."

Back