Sue's Having Surgery

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
A number of you know my wonderful spouse Sue from Gaston's and other events. She is having her aorta heart valve replaced on Thursday. Pretty major stuff, but she has a very experienced surgeon and is having the procedure in highly regarded hospital for this kind of thing. Sue's taking this very well. We'll both be happy when this is over, and she's back at home.

Lance I wish Sue all the best. She will be in my thoughts and prayers. My uncle had a valve repalced gosh I think it was 8 +/- years ago at least. Replaced with a porcine valve. Major stuff but great results.

Wow. Lance, prepare for a long haul. Even if things go well, it's a good THREE MONTHS in the recovery.

Please give her my best.... :) (my)Susan and I.

Sue and I had a chance to visit about this a bit at dinner at Gaston's one night. She seems to have a great attitude going in...even thought it's still kinda scary, for both of you.

Please tell Sue that Tom and I are thinking of her, and that we wish her a speedy recovery. :)

Best wishes to you both, hope everything goes as planned. A ranch neighbor had it done when he was 75, died at 90 from something else non-related. And that was 25 years ago. It's not much fun to think about, but much more fun than thinking about the alternative if the procedure had not been developed.

I'm looking forward to seeing you both at Gaston's next year.

A number of you know my wonderful spouse Sue from Gaston's and other events. She is having her aorta heart valve replaced on Thursday. Pretty major stuff, but she has a very experienced surgeon and is having the procedure in highly regarded hospital for this kind of thing. Sue's taking this very well. We'll both be happy when this is over, and she's back at home.

Wishing you both the best possible outcome. I'm glad you've got a good surgeon, that and Sue's otherwise fit condition will help no doubt. BTW, don't be alarmed if she's very confused for a day or two following the surgery as this is very common. My dad had a mitral valve replaced when he was in his late 70's and he was completely out of it for a few days but recovered completely (mentally and physically) afterwards. The temporary demtia had us worried though.

You and Sue will be in Teresa's thoughts and mine... Knowing you have a great surgeon helps alleviate much of the worry.

Lance,
Tell Sue that Leslie and I are praying for her!

(And this doesn't get her out of doing her wonderful appetizers next year! :no: :) 10 months is more than enough recovery time! :)

Lance,

You guys are in our prayers. Please keep us posted.

Best wishes to her. Good to get it done and out of the way. My great aunt had a quadruple bypass and 2 valves done over 20 years ago, she's still doing fine.

Best wishes to both of you. A friend of mine from high school is on his third heart valve replacement (he's had a leaking heart valve since he was born, so they had to replace it with new artificial valves as he grew). Each surgery has been a success. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and easy recovery!

Tell Sue we'll put together a treat pack for her to enjoy (for once) when she gets well.

Lance,

When I saw you at the lunch fly in on Saturday, I had thought about Sue, but mentally decided she must've had better things to do than hang out at yet another airport on such a pretty day. I had no idea...

My thoughts and prayers to you both as well.

Lance:

Best wishes to Sue and you. Med-tech. is incredible. My photographer buddy had both a stroke and heart attack 2 years ago. It's been an amazing comeback. But two weeks ago it was needed to "repair" a heart valve. The intended "repair" was attempted several times(in the same operating room procedure) without success, so the surgeon(s) decided to "replace" the valve. After 9 days in post-op he's been moved to a recuperation facility. He sounds great and has regained considerable lost weight.
Incredible, what can be done these days!!

HR

Lance: Sue seemed in such great shape at Gaston's, I'm very surprised to hear of this. My best wishes to her. Please keep us apprised as things progress.

Best,

Dave

We give our many thanks to all for the great support. We have to be at the hospital at 5:30AM tomorrow :yikes: and it's an hours drive away. Surgery scheduled to start at ~7:30, and a 4 to 5 hour procedure is expected. It'll be a long day.

I'll be sending good wishes your way tomorrow, Lance.

Best wishes today guys.
We'll be thinking of you!

Im praying for you guys. May the Lord guide the surgens hands and give Sue a speedy recovery.

I just want to say good luck... we're all counting on you.

Seriously, you'll both be in my thoughts today, please let us have the good news this afternoon.

Just got home after a very long day. (Up at 3:30AM). Sue and I can't thank everyone enough for your good wishes, thoughts and prayers. Her surgery went very well. She is the ICU now and recovering normally. Hopefully she'll be released to a regular room tomorrow afternoon. Then ~3 more days before she can go home. The hospital's an hours drive away, but it's a great one. Thanks again all.

Good news, Lance, and thanks for the update.

Prayers to you two - sounds very positive!

Lance, thats great news. I have been thinking about you and Sue all day...

Back