Somebody is in trouble! AA pilot drunk at Heathrow.

Re: Somebody is in trouble!

"The company has strict policies on alcohol and substance abuse and holds its employees to the highest standards," American said in a statement. "Employees at all levels of the company are not allowed to be on duty whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol and regular screening is carried out."

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/05/airline-pilot-on-chicago-bound-flight-was-drunk.html

The company has a strict policy? The FAA might have an opinion on the matter, too.

Last edited:

The company has a strict policy? The FAA might have an opinion on the matter, too.
Airlines generally have more restrictive policies on this than the FAA. i.e. 12 hours bottle to throttle rather than 8. Regardless, this guy is in big trouble with both of them.

Airlines generally have more restrictive policies on this than the FAA. i.e. 12 hours bottle to throttle rather than 8. Regardless, this guy is in big trouble with both of them.

I'm sure he woulda sobered up over the pond. :frown2:

...and I am sure that we do not know all the relevant facts. It is not entirely unheard-of for a pilot to be falsely accused of being intoxicated when, in fact, either (1) he/she is not, or (2) he/she is not intending to operate the aircraft or act as required crew.

It is also not entirely unheard-of for a an airline to hang a pilot out to dry (so to speak) when accused, and in this event, the pilots' union is the only resource remaining.

Remember, a breath test is one piece of evidence, not a confession.

Ya that dude is toast

Back