Jakes Pilot Shop

NetSpeaker

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Randy
Question -- and a warning -- about JakesPilotShop.com

Has anybody here purchased from them. Are they legit?

I made a purchase on 3/19 that was supposed to go out Priority Mail and it never arrived. Starting on 3/27 I've been emailing to get an order status, and using their webform, with no response. Then, I started calling and get nothing but voicemail which is never returned. Today' the voicemail box is "full".

I went ahead and notified my credit card company this morning, but am wondering if anyone else has had either good or bad experience with this company?

I've ordered from them before with no problems at all. I needed to get hold of them on a support item (there was a manual or some type of paperwork that was missing from what I bought). The problem wasn't their fault, the manufacturer just didn't put something in the package that it should have. They helped out by calling the manufacturer, then the manufacturer rep called me and took care of the problem.

I have nothing but good things to say about them, but I haven't ordered from them for maybe a year. Maybe they've come into hard times, too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto me. Bought a flight bag on there with no problems, but that was probably 3-4 years ago now...

Jim G

Re: Scam??? Jakes Pilot Shop

Ditto me. Bought a flight bag on there with no problems, but that was probably 3-4 years ago now...

Jim G

I've been trying to remember all that I've bought from them, but it's ranged from mechanical flight computers, to flight bags, to fuelhawk fuel guages.

When it comes to online businesses .. I've noticed a tendency for some to not
actually have the inventory on hand any more. They make fancy web sites
and then don't order the merchandise till they sell one. So if the supply
chain has a kink somewhere .. they can't deliver and just stall. Be careful
and do an internet search on the company.

RT

When it comes to online businesses .. I've noticed a tendency for some to not actually have the inventory on hand any more. They make fancy web sites and then don't order the merchandise till they sell one.
Sporty's may be expensive, but they can ship what they offer. AirWays is good that way, too.

Last edited:
My suggestion is PilotShop.com. They used to be based in ABQ until they realized that there was much more money to be made in Phoenix. Its too bad, they're all very nice people there.

Back