What aircraft are you?

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
Tristan and Pete took the "What GA aircraft are you?" quiz on Facebook. While Tristan's seemed reasonable (Diamond DA40), Pete and I were both Cessna 172s, which just ain't right. I burn far more AvGas than that, and am far more complicated to fly. Plus, since my life is a perpetual engine failure, I need a minimum of two. And Pete has exponentially more personality.

Since whoever made that quiz didn't seem to have a lot of imagination, I thought about it myself some, and decided that I'm an Aerostar. My description as follows:

Ted said:
You are an Aerostar.

1.jpg

You are fast, sleek, and fun, but are generally regarded as quirky and kinda funny-looking, especially by those who don't know you well.

So, the challenge: What aircraft are you, with at least partially accurate and humorous description? :)

Hmmm...whatever kind of plane is fast and easy...that would be me.

Greg, are you on Facebook? If not, check it on Sharon's Facebook account.

David: Mooney Acclaim :)

Acclaim.jpg

I looked at the quiz but the answer choices seemed dumb and didn't describe me at all. So here is my choice, I guess because I got to see one yesterday.

contact-af.jpg

I think Ted's point is that the Facebook quiz is stupid, but the idea is interesting (I came out as a DA40. Heck, I can't even fit in a DA40!!). I don't think he's asking people to take the Facebook quiz, just do your own pondering and come up with what airplane YOU think you are.

With that said, let's see if this link works if you REALLY want to do the Facebook quiz: http://apps.facebook.com/qwhat-general-bagfbg/

Umm....

Cirrus SR-22
img

You are very classy and have all the latest gadgets and fashions.​

"You are a Boeing 737, bigger than needed, and those that have no clue that there's something better and smaller available really want a ride someday."

That should be me.

It said I'm a Piper Archer. I think that's a little too sleek and efficient. I was thinking more along the lines of a Cub or something with 2 ragwings.

It says I'm a SR-22.

Old, smooth, sounding good, and easy.

F-24 :)

Did I say good looking too.?

Attachments

• Fairchild Takeoff 012.jpg
    Fairchild Takeoff 012.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
A DA-40 here, but honestly, who wrote this quiz? Clearly English is not their first language. Some of the answer choices were mystifying.

I think Ted's point is that the Facebook quiz is stupid, but the idea is interesting (I came out as a DA40. Heck, I can't even fit in a DA40!!). I don't think he's asking people to take the Facebook quiz, just do your own pondering and come up with what airplane YOU think you are.

And Chris gets it right! :yes:

Oh well, I must not have explained the intent very well. :)

Ted, no one gets that you think the quiz sux and they should come up with their own. No imagnation.

My, Sonex. Experimental, funny looking but can go upside down.

Talk about karma...I'm a Cirrus after bashing them online every few months :rofl:

I think if myself as more of a Quest Kodiak...a fun backcountry airplane but expensive with all of the latest gadgets. A Cirrus of the backcountry if you will.

Talk about karma...I'm a Cirrus after bashing them online every few months :rofl:

I think if myself as more of a Quest Kodiak...a fun backcountry airplane but expensive with all of the latest gadgets. A Cirrus of the backcountry if you will.

Yur a 170-B
You flying the 170 yet?
I hear it's ready to go?

but the mags were timed wrong,, oops. :(

Don't have to take the quiz. I know I'm an old Tri-Pacer. Aging, ugly, noisy, baggy skin.

I wish I was a P-51.

Reminds me of the two old guys sitting on a park bench. One is complaining of his aches and pains and forgetfulness and all the other drawbacks of age.

The other guy says, "Not me. I feel like a newborn baby."

The complainer says, "What?? How's that?"

Other guy: "No hair, no teeth, and I think I just wet my pants."

Dan

Last edited:
Yur a 170-B
You flying the 170 yet?
I hear it's ready to go?

but the mags were timed wrong,, oops. :(

Troubleshooting lean operation, we think it was the carb adjustment when it was overhauled. Only has to go to Palmer - we're getting there :yesnod:

Every day's different! Here is today, just finished a big dinner!

Attachments

• blimpo.JPG
    blimpo.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 8
I think I must be a Grand Caravan with cargo pod. Big, noisy, slow, and with a big belly! :)

Well just took it and it came up with almost my airplane.

Piper Archer
img

You are well-known among your friends and enjoy a good time​

kind of scary ain't it
Dave G​

I think I must be a Grand Caravan with cargo pod. Big, noisy, slow, and with a big belly! :)

:rofl:

We had a Caravan in the maintenance hangar the other day. I talk about my plane being built like a tank, that thing really is built like a tank! Stuff it in the door and go flying.

Of course, that particular Caravan is a well-worn unit that's used by FedEx.

Back