Tape "24" tonight?

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Can someone tape tonight's episode of "24" for us?

The Hughes satellite repair guy is on his way back here, but he won't be able to fix his screw up by the time "24" comes on.

The guy cut into the TV satellite cable when he buried the new internet satellite cable out back and we didn't find it till a few hours ago.

When it comes to dealing with Hughes satellite stuff/people, I just feel like :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

I tape it every week. You might have to come to Berryville to watch it :) as I'm not sure how to get it off the DVR. We have Direct TV. I could burn it to a disk if I knew how.

Let's summarize:

Something bad happens
Somebody is in peril
Jack is powerless
Jack figures a way to do something
Bad guys die
Repeat 24 times (*)

* - at random, insert "civilians die" and "good guy sacrifices him/herself" anywhere in list

Last edited:
Let's summarize:

Something bad happens
Somebody is in peril
Jack is powerless
Bad guys die
Repeat 24 times

You left out Unintended consequences - good guy dies too

I have to admit I don't watch "24" I watched it once and thought it was too much like "Macgyver".

You left out Unintended consequences - good guy dies too

Yeah - I should have added an asterisk to include collateral damage and the occasional good guy sacrificing him/herself.

I'll edit it.

I have to admit I don't watch "24" I watched it once and thought it was too much like "Macgyver".

It more like the Adam West as Batman movie where Batman was running around with the lit bomb and couldn't find a place to throw it, a groups of nuns over there, kids there, innocent animals.

Last edited:
I admit, I'm a 24 addict. Do I need to report that on my next medical :D

Might want to check out Hulu.com as well, Diana. I don't know how soon they put new episodes up. Worst case scenario you can buy it on iTunes.

(I've been watching 24 since I think the second or third episode...I guess I'm addicted!)

I tape it every week. You might have to come to Berryville to watch it :) as I'm not sure how to get it off the DVR. We have Direct TV. I could burn it to a disk if I knew how.
We might have to run down there just to say "Hi" one of these days. :yes:

There are dese tings called computers....

http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=twentyfour

OH. Hmmmmm. I wonder how many MB it would take to watch it on the internet? We can only download 300MB a day, or else............

Let's summarize:

Something bad happens
Somebody is in peril
Jack is powerless
Bad guys die
Repeat 24 times (*)

* - at random, insert "civilians die" and "good guy sacrifices him/herself" anywhere in list

Yep, pretty well sums it up! :D

I don't want to know what happened last night, :no: but I hope the President and her daughter are OK. :eek:

I wonder if Jack is falling for the FBI agent???? Can he ever love again? :dunno:

I've watched 24 for the past (I think) 8 years. Sure, each season has the same basic idea. But if you watch one episode, the mandatory cliff hangers at the end will ensure you keep watching the next ones.

It's an entertaining show as long as you can ignore the sheer stupidity of some of the content. A "CIP Firewall Device"? Planes that apparently don't have TCAS? Oh well....

Can someone tape tonight's episode of "24" for us?

The Hughes satellite repair guy is on his way back here, but he won't be able to fix his screw up by the time "24" comes on.

The guy cut into the TV satellite cable when he buried the new internet satellite cable out back and we didn't find it till a few hours ago.

When it comes to dealing with Hughes satellite stuff/people, I just feel like :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

If hulu.com doesn't work, I'd be happy to give you and Tom a review over the phone as I fast forward through it on my DVR, seriously....Let me know:yesnod::)

Brent

PS--I won't leave out one detail!

Last edited:
It's an entertaining show as long as you can ignore the sheer stupidity of some of the content. A "CIP Firewall Device"? Planes that apparently don't have TCAS? Oh well....

And don't forget pushing throttles full forward to descend, and throttles to idle to go around

We might have to run down there just to say "Hi" one of these days. :yes:

If it's lunchtime we can go to one of the fine dining establishments in Berryville :skeptical: or maybe I can convince you to stay with us, see the shop and we'll burn a really good steak or such :D

If hulu.com doesn't work, I'd be happy to give you and Tom a review over the phone as I fast forward through it on my DVR, seriously....Let me know:yesnod::)

Brent

PS--I won't leave out one detail!
Thanks Brent! :D We appreciate the offer.

One of Tom's students taped it for him, so we will be able to watch it after all. :)

If it's lunchtime we can go to one of the fine dining establishments in Berryville :skeptical: or maybe I can convince you to stay with us, see the shop and we'll burn a really good steak or such :D
Thanks! Either one of those sounds good. :D I've never been to Berryville. :D When the weather warms up we'll have to fly down there, or you are welcome to fly up here. :yesnod:

Back