Getting started W/ AEROBATICS

HammerHead

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Mark B
Hello. I have been in love with aircraft and flying since I was a baby. I am mostly complete with my private pilots certificate. I want to explore aerobatics. That aspect of flight has always amazed me. I would go as far as saying I aspire to perform advanced flight maneuvers in competition or for display sooner, rather than later.

Is there any people in Kansas City that want to take a virgin mind under his/her wing?

All input is greatly appreciated.

Hello. I have been in love with aircraft and flying since I was a baby. I am mostly complete with my private pilots certificate. I want to explore aerobatics. That aspect of flight has always amazed me. I would go as far as saying I aspire to perform advanced flight maneuvers in competition or for display sooner, rather than later.

Is there any people in Kansas City that want to take a virgin mind under his/her wing?

All input is greatly appreciated.

The answer to your question might be in this current thread:

www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?p=411998#post411998

You could also try contacting Diana (who flies aerobatics with her Citabria in southern MO) and begging for an introduction to acro. I hear she's a pushover for anyone asking for that. <vbg>

Last edited:

Paul Thomson teaches aerobatics in his Decathlon out of either IXD or OJC...I can't remember which. He is having some work done on his Decathlon, so I don't know if it's flying right now.

You might want to join the Kansas City IAC chapter and meet some of the pilots there, perhaps attend a meeting, and find out more about what's in the area. I will give you contact information if you would like. :)

You could also try contacting Diana (who flies aerobatics with her Citabria in southern MO) and begging for an introduction to acro. I hear she's a pushover for anyone asking for that. <vbg>
Lance, you're sweet. :) I enjoy taking people for rides doing a few basic maneuvers. :)

Lance and Diana gave you great advice! Also welome to POA hope you stay active here!!

Hi Diana!

How have you been doing? Have you been back to Warsaw lately?

Here is the link to the K.C. IAC chapter web site with the calendar of events, including the date for the upcoming judge's school.

Hi Diana!

How have you been doing? Have you been back to Warsaw lately?

Hi Dustin! Doing good! And you?

Haven't flown to Warsaw, but have flown up to K81 (Miami County) for BBQ a few times lately. :)

Thank you all for your valuable input. Diana, I will never turn down my first ride in a Citabria. I frequent K81 for grub so we may run into each other. I also have family near PPF and have been in and out of there frequently over the past few months.

I attended the IAC Chapter 15 meeting Monday night at MKC. I'm very glad that I did. There people there were genuine GA & aerobatic enthusiasts. I look forward to working closely with them and attending their "play days" at IXD.

Thanks again, thank you...thank you...thank you.

Thank you all for your valuable input. Diana, I will never turn down my first ride in a Citabria. I frequent K81 for grub so we may run into each other. I also have family near PPF and have been in and out of there frequently over the past few months.

I attended the IAC Chapter 15 meeting Monday night at MKC. I'm very glad that I did. There people there were genuine GA & aerobatic enthusiasts. I look forward to working closely with them and attending their "play days" at IXD.

Thanks again, thank you...thank you...thank you.
I'm glad to hear that you made it to the meeting and that you found it helpful. :) If it wasn't so far away, I'm be attending the meetings, too. :)

Back