Galt Airport Photos

Cool. Great photos. Ours is the same only slightly less country with two runways.

For some reason, the black & white image gives them a much more real appearance. Those are great photos.

Great pictures!

Also, go down to the gallery entitled "U2 at AirVenture 2008", picture #5. Priceless. Not many of us get a chance to touch our hero.

I am based at 10C aka Galt and Steve has been out there doing all kinds of photos. I am glad that more than just us tenants are seeing them.

At least I sort of remembered. :smile:
You get the credit you had me down as being associated with Galt.

It is quite the little airport. Picture 10 shows a barn with a family in front of it. That barn has been used as a TV set for the show Prison Break, part of Ocean's Thirteen were also shot near the runway. We are home to a very active aerobatic community and we have a lake with camping on the property. Several scouting groups use it and hangar tenets can get camping time for free there too!

The new owners, well they bought it several years ago now, have concerts at the airport too. We have a small stage and have had such acts as Blue Oyster Cult, Foreigner, and others there. It all keeps rents reasonable and allowed for the runway to be extended, repaved, and new taxiways. I got my new lease the other day and called about it and they just told me to scratch out any parts I did not like. It is a friendly place. I just wish it was closer to my house.

Those are nice pictures. I agree, B&W does set the tone nicely.

Now, you did confuse me, living on the west coast. I saw "Galt" and immediately thought of a place in California. Oh well... :D

I like the black & white pic's just seems to bring out the meaning a bit better.

Back