We knew it was all smoke and mirrors...

This is what happens when a bunch of academia types get a federal grant and get together and think too much. No offense to academia types that fly!

"Those that can work, those that can't teach." :crazy:

Last edited:
Uh oh .. hope my airplane don't read that.

Yeah. Those physicists are going to ruin a whole industry by finding the truth. And the government will enforce it, since it's "scientific" and therefore right.

Dan

This is what happens when a bunch of academia types get a federal grant and get together and think too much. No offense to acadenia types that fly!

Um..... Did you happen to notice that the site is The Onion?:skeptical: Don't go slamming smart people if you can't recognize satire!:mad2:

Definitions for y'all who weren't previously aware:

Onion - n - 1. A food-type substance that women do not wish for you to eat prior to kissing them. 2. A satirical publication that does not even pretend to publish items resembling fact.

IOW, don't eat onions before kissing your girlfriend/wife/dog (actually the dog probably won't care), and don't take any news stories you read from the Onion with any shread of seriousness.

I might add that my firewall here at work blocks The Onion as "humor."

It's not so much that planes fly, but when you add passengers, the total ugliness makes the earth throw them from the ground. Fortunately, it can only throw them to the next airport.

John, I've heard that argument work for helicopters, but most planes are too attractive for that to work. Maybe it works for Teller's 1900. ;)

This is what happens when a bunch of academia types get a federal grant and get together and think too much. No offense to acadenia types that fly!

Hey! I resemble that remark!

If you believe this, why do y'all keep sending your kids to college?:goofy:

Actually the quote answers that question all by itself, but I'll leave you to figure out why.

Judy

Um..... Did you happen to notice that the site is The Onion?:skeptical: Don't go slamming smart people if you can't recognize satire!:mad2:

Let me get this straight, I make a sarcastic statement about academics & grants, after reading a sarcastic article about why airplanes can't fly, and you take offense? Interesting.

Clearly, you don't have to worry about being in either intellectual category. :rofl:

Hey! I'm the new guy, back off! I get 3 months of "honeymoon time" before you guys can slam me. It's in the POA rule book. :fcross:

Last edited:
Hey! I resemble that remark!

Sorry Judy, I was just trying to make a joke. You know how clumsy new members can be. No harm intended to those who teach. They work so hard! (9 months out of the year :rofl: I'm just kidding!)

If you believe this, why do y'all keep sending your kids to college?:goofy:

I sent my kid to college and she stayed for 10 years. She now teaches college kids at UW! :thumbsup:

Actually the quote answers that question all by itself, but I'll leave you to figure out why.

Judy

Oh that's just great! Now my head is gonna hurt all day trying to figure it out.

Sarcasm alert! (So Pumkin Juice doesn't get a headache) Please to not send me the answer. The above is a sarcastic statement.

Last edited:
It flies because of the treadmill. Don't these guys know anything? Elitists!

:D

Last edited:
Hey! I'm the new guy, back off! I get 3 months of "honeymoon time" before you guys can slam me. It's in the POA rule book. :fcross:

Hmm... I never recall reading such rule when I started. In fact, I think I got the most slamming in the first 3 months on here. ;)

Originally Posted by Geico266

Why would you marry POA :idea::dunno:

Hmm... I never recall reading such rule when I started. In fact, I think I got the most slamming in the first 3 months on here. ;)

I could have sworn I read that somewhere!;) If it is not in the rules it should be! :yes:

I can take it! :happydance:

But your three months expired at the end of Sept...

John, I've heard that argument work for helicopters, but most planes are too attractive for that to work. Maybe it works for Teller's 1900. ;)

:goofy:I'm not necessarily unconvinced that there's some truth to that. There really doesn't seem like there could be too many other reasons that plane should fly with all the stuff they have hanging off it.

Definitions for y'all who weren't previously aware:

Onion - n - 1. A food-type substance that women do not wish for you to eat prior to kissing them. 2. A satirical publication that does not even pretend to publish items resembling fact.

IOW, don't eat onions before kissing your girlfriend/wife/dog (actually the dog probably won't care), and don't take any news stories you read from the Onion with any shread of seriousness.

I might add that my firewall here at work blocks The Onion as "humor."
Damn right. Can't have humor in the workplace. You should be satisfied with that that come sin the memos from management and HR.

And...no matter yer opinion, I eat Vidalia and sweet onions like apples.

Back