eFlite Software

eFlite

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
eFlite
Re: Weight & Balance PC Software

Today I noticed a post about weight and balance software for a PC and saw where www.eFlite.com was named in one of the replies. There was also talk about using a spreadsheet and I thought others might be interested in knowing that eFlite started with an Excel spreadsheet years back and it worked great - customers absolutely loved it. In 2001 eFlite decided to go with a Java based program because the software could still remain secure and also be made available via the Internet 24/7. Spreadsheets will work great for W&B calculations and eFlite still has customers this very day using them. However, from experience I can tell you that creating an aircraft weight and balance software program in a spreadsheet "specific" to your make and model and then conducting a functionality test to ensure precision is very time consuming. As you all know, time is money and for as little as $40 (depending on seating capacity) you can be up and running with the precision of eFlite Aviator and be time and money ahead. eFlite even offers a 30 day money back guarantee - how can anybody go wrong with a deal like that?

Moved to Classifieds out of another thread.

$40 -- what did I miss?

I see $59.95 and $99.95 on the website. I assume if I want to use this application and fly both a warrior and skyhawk I will need to purchase two licenses.

glpilot said:
$40 -- what did I miss?

I see $59.95 and $99.95 on the website. I assume if I want to use this application and fly both a warrior and skyhawk I will need to purchase two licenses.

Clicking on the photo of the software takes you to a try-it page where you can get the cheaper price of 39.95, and 79.95 respectively.

But I agree with you, two versions cost you double. (sigh...)

I'd think that it would be a simple matter to include any 2 or 3 aircraft upon initial purchase, and from there on, do the price increases, as most people usually fly more than just one plane.

The aircraft weight and balance software prices are $39.95 and up depending on the number of seats in the airplane and version of software. For example, eFlite Aviator for a Piper Warrior, Cessna 172 or 182, Mooney M20 or Bonanza with 4 seats would be the $19.95 base rate plus $10 per seat for a total price of $59.95 per aircraft type. eFlite Aviator Pro tacks on another $40 with it's additional features but you also get the option of having your software hosted on the eFlite website for FREE for one year (a $24 value) - a great feature for fleets, partnerships and flying clubs.

:yes: you can add multiple aircraft, of the same type, to the software so you don't have to buy software for each airplane. There is a drop down menu in the program where you select the aircraft registration number of the plane you are flying that day. The software then automatically updates the Basic Empty Weight and CG for that particular airplane. You then just plug in the fuel, passenger and baggage values, print out the W&B Form and head to the airport.

Did somebody say FAA Ramp Check :hairraise:. No problem - your flight planning is complete with eFlite weight and balance software.

Re: eFlite Weight & Balance Software

For year pilots asked for it and I'm happy to say eFlite Aviator Pro v3.08m, the Mobile Edition, is now available. We're talking true mobility in an aircraft weight and balance program for the Pocket PC that you will not find anywhere else on the planet. Remember, you get what you pay for and an Internet search may reveal cheaper PDA weight and balance calculators but NONE compare to eFlite and let users Save Weight & Balance Records. You can even Email W&B Records right from the cockpit when combing eFlite Aviator v3.08 a wireless Internet connection.

Ramp Checks and "mandatory" record keeping just doesn’t get any easier than with eFlite weight and balance software!

Last edited:
We just released eFlite Mobile v3.13 and the stand-alone app does NOT require Internet access to perform weight and balance calculations from an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.

Here's a link to checkout the eFlite Mobile app:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eflite-mobile/id589298326?ls=1&mt=8

Be sure to visit eFlite and register to view demo aircraft modules. We also offer a 10% discount to everyone from Pilots of America so don't forget to enter promotional code PofA10 into the eFlite Shopping Cart for instant savings.

FYI: eFlite Mobile for Andriod devices should be available within a month or so.

Back