Looking for Acro Instructor

GigG601XL

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Gig Giacona
Anyone know a good aerobatic/unusual attitudes instructor in South Arkansas, North Louisiana or East Texas.

I'm going to be test flying my homebuilt in a few months and would like some unusal attitude work.

Thanks. I pretty much assumed Dallas area would be about the closest. I was going to be down at KTKI to get some time in model but they crunched the factory built 601XL they had there.

If anyone knows of anything closer let me know.

Gig;
If you like I'll see if Marion Cole is taking any new acro students...I know he's still doing TW training (as of yesterday:)).

Chris @ DTN

Gig;
If you like I'll see if Marion Cole is taking any new acro students...I know he's still doing TW training (as of yesterday:)).

Chris @ DTN

That would be great. Tell him I'm not looking for full Acro instruction, primarily upset and recovery.

I don't know if you have a wife and kids but GutmanAir in Titusville, FL provides very affordable Unusual Attitude training in a Decathlon. The wife and kids could head to the amusement parks in Orlando for the day and you can stay back in Titusville for a full day of ground instruction and flight training. The typical day involves 30-40 minutes of ground instruction before a 60-minute flight and then a 15-minute debriefing afterwards. You can typically squeeze in 3-4 flights per day if you start early enough and weather permitting.

Unusual Attitude training definitely makes us all better pilots and has the added benefit of lowering insurance rates as well. However, there is a word of warning :hairraise:! Once you complete the Unusual Attitude training you will want to “roll” into Aerobatic Training - it’s totally addicting :goofy:!!!

Back