PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's to Use Human Milk

I'm not a milk drinker, haven't been for many years. Its not for adults, its for children. I just don't think its that healthy and I am not lactose intolerant. I'll eat cheese and ice cream, but will not drink milk as part of my daily diet.

I guess that makes me a kid because I drink gallons of the stuff. I love it. Always have, and I'm 58.

Judy

Yeah, but all you have to do is drive over to Pullman and drop into Ferdinand's for some GREAT ice cream. Not to mention the cheese, as well. I'll skip it this weekend (Homecoming) as the lines will be long, but maybe next month on the 18th.

GO COUGS!

Ghery,

I don't have to drive over to Pullman any more. There's a new ice cream store that opened about a 5 minute walk from my office (and right on the way when I drive to and from work) that sells Ferdinand's. It IS good! Unfortunately. Expect me to weigh about 300 lbs. next time you see me.

Judy

There is a huge demand for wet nurses in China right now, according to the WSJ, because of the tainted milk fiasco over there. Women who are lactating are able to quadruple or more their monthly income.

Judy

I guess that makes me a kid because I drink gallons of the stuff. I love it. Always have, and I'm 58.

Judy

Yes you're young at heart and 58 isn't old!

For the record, human milk skeeves me out. Never had it, never will.

Judy
Me too. However, even skim milk is 90 calories for 8 oz, and 100 extra calories a day is 10 pounds a year, so I have very seriously curtailed my milk intake in the last year. Dropped 20 pounds. I'll probably pick it up again when I get to weight maintenance mode instead of weight loss.

I have no issue with vegetarian fare. A lot of it especially Indian food is great. Now all of that Ersatz-Meat like tofurky is crap. Tofu and other soy products are what they are, and should be used as such.

also if you are looking for more digestive friendly mile I'd like to suggest Sheeps milk. It may be personal bias since my folks had a small hobby farm with Milk Sheep when I was growing up, but sheeps milk doesn't have that nasty goat flavor. Also I will attest that it is a whole lot easier to digest. When we had to switch back to cow's milk in the winter we would all have digestive issues until we got used to the cow's milk again

Ghery,

I don't have to drive over to Pullman any more. There's a new ice cream store that opened about a 5 minute walk from my office (and right on the way when I drive to and from work) that sells Ferdinand's. It IS good! Unfortunately. Expect me to weigh about 300 lbs. next time you see me.

Judy

Good deal for the folks in Moscow. Now, watch how much you eat. That's going to impact payload in your plane. :D

Do you ship???? :D

I love Venison but only when it's been butchered right, anyone who has it processed isn't usually doing it right.

For you...you bet!

I think there's still some venison left from the 2007 FlyBQ. :D

It has nothing to do with masculinity, and everything to do with flavor, texture, etc.

I've had ONE "garden burger" in my life that was decent, but they had to fry the hell out of it to get it that way, and I doubt the nutritional value was any better than a regular burger. Since the regular burger still tastes way better, what's the point?
The ONE "garden" buger I ever enjoyed was one I made from scratch at the insistence of my GF at the time. Then we did the dirty. Forever it is etched on my brain...garden burger bad.

Yea, if God did not want us to eat animals why did He make them out of meat?

The ONE "garden" buger I ever enjoyed was one I made from scratch at the insistence of my GF at the time. Then we did the dirty. Forever it is etched on my brain...garden burger bad.

Yea, if God did not want us to eat animals why did He make them out of meat?

Ugh.

So we had a going-away party for my brother the other day, and some of his female friends are of the vegan variety, and as the grillmeister I had to cook some "Boca burgers."

Ugh. Only thing I've ever grilled that didn't change color. :eek: :vomit: I guess that's why they had the fake grill marks painted on.

:vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

By bashing any national organization the poster is effectively bashing the belief system of someone here and, yes, that makes it political.

But don't confuse my objection as support of PETA, I'm no fan of PETA fan either. I just think this is spin zone material.

Oh for crying out loud...is the country really made up of people that get this bent about everything?

Seriously...PETA "had" some good intentions, now they are a bunch of wacko's that probably would prefer to see human woman hooked up to the tata-sucking machines instead of cows.

Sorry...but I was born with incisors and canines, cows and other animals were born for eatin'!

Oh for crying out loud...is the country really made up of people that get this bent about everything?

Seriously...PETA "had" some good intentions, now they are a bunch of wacko's that probably would prefer to see human woman hooked up to the tata-sucking machines instead of cows.

Sorry...but I was born with incisors and canines, cows and other animals were born for eatin'!

Here's a woman trying to get a jump on the process.... ;)

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20080930/NEWS0107/309290035/

When it comes to humans drinking cow's milk, would you argue in favor of this practice with a similar argument of "it's what nature intended", or would you say "we're intelligent creatures who have transcended our primitive origins, and we make choices"?
-harry

When it comes to humans drinking cow's milk, would you argue in favor of this practice with a similar argument of "it's what nature intended", or would you say "we're intelligent creatures who have transcended our primitive origins, and we make choices"?
-harry

:yes:

Back