Which airplanes are you most excited about potentially being available in US under MOSAIC / mLSA rules?

Which airplanes are you most exited about potentially being available in US under new mLSA rules?

• JMB VL3

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Bristell RG

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Risen SuperVeloce

• TL Sport Sparker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pelegrin Tarragon

• Texas Aircraft Stallion

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Sling TSi

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Sling HW

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Bristell B8

• Evektor SuperCobra

• Total voters

Skepilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Skepilot
Which airplanes are you most excited about potentially being available in US under MOSAIC / mLSA rules? Are you more interested in the new, fast 2-seaters or modern, efficient 4-seaters? The first five poll choices are 2-seaters, last five are 4-seaters.

(I know there are more options out there, but the forum limits the number of poll choices one can post.)

Last edited:
Exited?

When we get to a final rule, let me know; until then this is all a pipe dream.

Yulp ... saying it's gonna be 2025 now. I'm giddy with anticipation ... :rolleyes1:

They keep pushing the date further ahead. Not everyone is happy with some of the changes I would guess.

Hence the word "potentially." It's a hypothetical question. Answer based on most recent information, which of course is subject to change. Use your imagination. ;)

Interesting you didn't include any multi engine choices.

The plane I built and fly now is not on the list ... ;)

Interesting you didn't include any multi engine choices.
Which multiengine airplanes would fall under the proposed MOSAIC mLSA rules? Maybe Tecnam P2006T? I'm thinking more about planes that one can't currently buy in the US (in other than Experimental category). Are there other multiengine options that would fit into that niche?

Last edited:
I'm pretty excited about this change, a lot of those options are already benefitting from looser restrictions in Europe and Anzac with much faster cruise speeds, greater useful loads and 4-seat configurations. For example, Jabiru sells a 4-seater in Australia which in the US market is limited to a two-seater with artificially low gross weight numbers.

I'm pretty excited about this change, a lot of those options are already benefitting from looser restrictions in Europe and Anzac with much faster cruise speeds, greater useful loads and 4-seat configurations. For example, Jabiru sells a 4-seater in Australia which in the US market is limited to a two-seater with artificially low gross weight numbers.
Yeah, I wanted to include the Jabiru J430, but ran out of poll choices.

I'll see your "supports" from Jan 15 and raise you "safety concerns" from Jan 24.

I'll also note that GAMA submitted their concerns at the 11th hour, just before public comments on the rule were due to close.

We shall see. Even GAMA says their members can't reach consensus on what to do on the subject. I'm thinking this horse has left the barn, regardless of what GAMA wants.

Expected date for implementation is now pushed out to early-mid 2025, which probably means November.

Don’t get too excited about those new airplanes yet.

Don’t get too excited about those new airplanes yet.

People seem to be stuck on the word "excited." Fine, scratch it and replace with "looking forward to." One can still look forward to things that may be years down the road. Don't get hung up on a word, just answer which plane you find most interesting.

The legacy SLSAs that tank in value and become more affordable, and more affordable still when they are reborn as ELSAs.

Doh! Typo in the poll. Correct in the title and post content, but I can't edit the poll itself. Oh well. Most people can figure it out from context.

Which ones of those are certified and which ones are kit/experimental?
All of these currently can only be purchased as experimental in the US. But under the proposed MOSAIC / mLSA rule change, they would all be able to be purchased as factory-built, ready-to-fly airplanes.

People seem to be stuck on the word "excited." Fine, scratch it and replace with "looking forward to." One can still look forward to things that may be years down the road. Don't get hung up on a word, just answer which plane you find most interesting.
Half those planes will probably no longer be in production in two years.

Back