6Y9 2024 Fly in/camp out

Dizaster

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Diz
Posting this a little earlier than I normally do...but who knows they're in? Ed said the attendee list for this year is up and ready to go.

Last year had to be THE most interesting fly in of the last 18 that we have had. I hope this year can be just as interesting.... but in a totally different way. You had to be there to understand....

Pics from last year will be done soon.

Woohoo! First in the thread after Diz.

Question: Is 'camping under the wing' still the standard arrangement for folks? I know Ted's crew brings their own rolling Holiday Inn Express, but are other folks still pitching tents or are there new-fangled arrangements in place?

I was there and still don't understand.

Question: Is 'camping under the wing' still the standard arrangement for folks? I know Ted's crew brings their own rolling Holiday Inn Express, but are other folks still pitching tents or are there new-fangled arrangements in place?
Yeah, most people camp with their planes. There were a couple RVs and Silly Bryan was in an airbnb IIRC.

Following, and it’s on my calendar. I didn’t fill out the website yet.

SO excited you guys are planning a return. It's been forever!!!
Sending you a PM

Attendee list is waiting for you (that includes everyone on the board, and even those not on the board) to sign up!

Oh yeah, and I might have a surprise announcement about this before the end of May!

is it that you're redoing the sidnaw.org site?
I did some digging. If speed is the problem, and someone wants to help out with a server or hosting I'm listening. Comcast did bump our upspeed, so that's no longer the issue. But the server it sits on is old.

Last edited:
I'm planning on attending but have not yet provisioned an aeroplane. I'm just trying to get through Q2 at this point.

Ok, our last bus (the RV40) may have been more like a Holiday Inn Express, the RV45 is definitely at least more of a JW Marriott.

But yes, most people still camp under the wing. There've been a few others camping in RVs besides us, but tent camping is still the norm.

And we are planning on being there this year in the RV45. Diz knows to reserve my spot. :)

I'm hoping to attend. Still working out that weekend's plans

Ok, our last bus (the RV40) may have been more like a Holiday Inn Express, the RV45 is definitely at least more of a JW Marriott.

But yes, most people still camp under the wing. There've been a few others camping in RVs besides us, but tent camping is still the norm.

And we are planning on being there this year in the RV45. Diz knows to reserve my spot. :)
How did you and @mandm end up plugging in? or were you running generators all day?

How did you and @mandm end up plugging in? or were you running generators all day?
We used generators when needed (daytime A/C, coffee maker, etc), but for the small stuff (fridge, USB’s, TV’s, etc), that runs off the battery and I have a single solar panel that keeps it recharged. But if we could run an extension cord that might allow me to run a single A/C unit on a basic 110 outlet 15amp. It’s so quiet at night that I think the generator noise would have been bothersome to the campers so we turned ours off at night. Although also not sure how far the noise travels either.

Back