Safe Taxi Settings on a 650xi

Leo Langston

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
llangston1
I have some questions on the Garmin safe taxi feature. Does it show up on a 650xi screen or is it just a Garmin Pilot feature? If it does come on the 650 are there any user settings that control when it comes on and how large or zoomed in does the screen automatically go to or do you have to manually zoom in to see the runway and taxi ways? I just got this 650 installed so I am still learning all the features. It does so much in conjunction with my Aspen 2000 displays that I was considering not flying with my iPad running GP mounted on my windshield in easy reach.

Thx
Leo Langston

I have that feature but you have to bring up the chart by pushing buttons and zooming in. It doesn’t come up automatically as far as I can tell. And you only get the AFD diagram of the airport from what I have seen.

I have a GTN650. I never use taxi diagrams on it, too small a screen for my taste. I use GP on an Ipad mini for that, as well as approach plates.

Yes I have a mini with GP as well This last we weren’t using the mini to see if we could use just the panel mounted boxes. We were just curious as to how it was supposed to work.I can pull up approach plates on the Aspen or the iPad so that’s not a real issue.

Back