For Sale 12 Reconditioned Tempest URHM38S Spark Plugs

SoCal 182 Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
SoCal 182 Driver

KCMA
1967 Cessna 182K
I have 12 reconditioned Tempest URHM38S fine wire spark plugs for sale. All were working fine when removed, and after they were removed, they were reconditioned by Aircraft Spark Plug Service at KVNY. These go for about $145 each (new) on Spruce and McFarlane. I'm selling them for $75 each, plus shipping. My preference is to sell them as a lot of 12.

20231229_115029[1].jpg20231229_115207[2].jpg

Last edited:
This is a deal. Last time I tried to buy one they were a lot more than what you said above. Pretty sure it was $200 apiece from spruce about a year ago.

And they last forever and are easy to clean. No, I don’t know the seller.

This is a deal. Last time I tried to buy one they were a lot more than what you said above. Pretty sure it was $200 apiece from spruce about a year ago.

And they last forever and are easy to clean. No, I don’t know the seller.

these are 'reconditioned', don't know if that matters.....

these are 'reconditioned', don't know if that matters.....
According to the paperwork I got back from Aircraft Spark Plug Service, the plugs were "cleaned, gapped, and tested in accordance with U.S. Mil 7886 and the methods recommended in the AC/Auburn and Champion service manuals."

They've been cleaning plugs for me for over 20 years, and do a first rate job. If a plug does not pass testing, it is painted red and returned with the other plugs.

According to the paperwork I got back from Aircraft Spark Plug Service, the plugs were "cleaned, gapped, and tested in accordance with U.S. Mil 7886 and the methods recommended in the AC/Auburn and Champion service manuals."

They've been cleaning plugs for me for over 20 years, and do a first rate job. If a plug does not pass testing, it is painted red and returned with the other plugs.

oh I didn't mean anything negative with my comment.....was only wondering if salty was comparing apples to apples. I'm sure these work shockingly well. :)

oh I didn't mean anything negative with my comment.....was only wondering if salty was comparing apples to apples. I'm sure these work shockingly well. :)
Unlike massive plugs, these things will work like new for years. Obviously I'm not promising anything, but if you have no experience with fine wire, you may not realize the deal this is.

I have an O-470 powered 182. Did you need to change plugs when you did the XP470 upgrade? Is that why you have these available? Thanks!

Yes.

The plugs were good, and the overhaul shop would have undoubtedly tossed them in the trash when they received the old engine core back. I thought that somebody would be able to use them at a fraction of what new plugs cost, so I removed them and had them reconditioned.

Last edited:
Back