Airmen registry

F

FlightGuest

How long does it take to see your medical in the Airmen registry after issuance? I know you can still fly as long as the AME gives you one, but I'm just curious. It's been more than 3 months since I was issued a medical. Thanks.

How long does it take to see your medical in the Airmen registry after issuance? I know you can still fly as long as the AME gives you one, but I'm just curious. It's been more than 3 months since I was issued a medical. Thanks.
I believe like one week?

It's only because the FAA refuses to follow federal law, that the information is publicly viewable at all.

It's only because the FAA refuses to follow federal law, that the information is publicly viewable at all.
It blows my mind how they get away with putting people’s medical information like vision and certain things like special issuances on a website that anyone can access. You can even tell if someone is on a special issuance thru HIMS just based on the fact the medical is only valid for 6 months. I’m surprised nobody has filed suit yet.

It blows my mind how they get away with putting people’s medical information like vision and certain things like special issuances on a website that anyone can access. You can even tell if someone is on a special issuance thru HIMS just based on the fact the medical is only valid for 6 months. I’m surprised nobody has filed suit yet.
I've beat my head over the FAA, DOT, and my congressional reps on this.

The Privacy Act specifically bars this. When the FAA got their exemption to the privacy act, the exemption only covered pilot certificates and requires the FAA to allow a pilot to opt out of ALL release (they FAA interprets this as meaning only the postal address which was what John & Martha were complaining about when the FAA was in full compliance).

No you can't tell that. There are other conditions that are six months at at time.
The agency had some very competent attorneys, George. Unless you are an attorney practicing in federal court, I'd be a little less "certain" about what you're sayin....

Back