FAA requesting more info regarding previous DUI arrest

swimming411

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
swimming411
Long ago, I was arrested for a DUI and refused the roadside breathalyzer. I was never convicted or received any administrative action. The charge was completely dismissed with prejudice, not lowered to a reckless driving charge or anything of that sort. I have since reported it in full detail to my AME and on all medicals that were issued to me after the arrest date (Was issued a 1st class every time with no issues or deferrals) The FAA is now requesting court records and a personal statement. As of now, I'm still fully legal and my airman privileges have not been revoked or suspended. I’m already an AOPA member and am in contact with their PPS team. If anybody has any recommendations on who to get in contact with outside of AOPA, that would be greatly appreciated.

The PPS was not very motivated or helpful for me; at least not with something as serious as loss of medical. I found a great aviation law firm that I loved and succeeded in getting a favorable outcome .Would be happy to provide their contact info.

Long ago, I was arrested for a DUI and refused the roadside breathalyzer. I was never convicted or received any administrative action. The charge was completely dismissed with prejudice, not lowered to a reckless driving charge or anything of that sort. I have since reported it in full detail to my AME and on all medicals that were issued to me after the arrest date (Was issued a 1st class every time with no issues or deferrals) The FAA is now requesting court records and a personal statement. As of now, I'm still fully legal and my airman privileges have not been revoked or suspended. I’m already an AOPA member and am in contact with their PPS team. If anybody has any recommendations on who to get in contact with outside of AOPA, that would be greatly appreciated.

It is interesting that after how many years? and how many Class 1 medicals? that they now decide they need more information?
Must of caught up with all of the POST COVID paperwork delays.

You’re going to need a relatively high level credible part 67 eval. The people for that are the HIMS psychiatrists…….

Did you refuse the at the police station chemical test?

Back