Buckeye Arizona Air Fair and AOPA Fly-in Feb 16-18 2024

I dinged my prop pretty bad by a rock in the transient parking area during a previous fly-in at Buckeye. Hopefully they have improved it some.

If you fly in, beware.

I enjoyed last year a lot.
I will be driving in again.
There was a lot to see and a lot for me to learn.
I learned to fly at Buckeye and took my private and commercial there.
I have a lot of good memories of my aviation adventure.

We went to the Buckeye air show last year. We happened to be in town and decided to take it in. It was one of the best "little" air shows I've been to.

Have to say we prefer the Cactus Fly-in , early march , beautiful older aircraft and more importantly, less kids.IMG_4470.jpegIMG_4469.jpeg

Last edited:
I think I might've been the next-to-last to arrive today before the airspace closed for the night. I called tower early when I saw the long line of ADSB icons lined up for departure and got a direct-to. Arrested my descent and entered the pattern 500 feet high to avoid departing traffic. Then offered a short approach and long landing to roll to the end which earned me a controller compliment as she still had a lot of departures to process.

Speaking of kids a few approached me after I parked asking if my plane could fly or was grounded. This was five minutes before everyone was grounded except for the air show pilots.

I flew in Saturday morning, ate a Sissy's Fixins breakfast sandwich (which was delicious) eyeballed all the airplane stuffs, got a couple free hats, a swag bag, and departed prior to the 4:30pm closure.

Back