Any job suggestions?

Tow Mater

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Tow Mater
What would some good jobs be for a young pilot with low hours/minimal experience to start getting more used to the aviation industry other than pursuing airlines or CFI route?

I just want to have fun flying and continuing to learn but not necessarily have to pay for it on my own as I am currently almost a commercial ASEL pilot but still a broke college student. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome!

Banner towing, pipeline patrol (or is that all drones now?), hauling skydivers, bush flying in Indonesia.

Generally speaking, you need to live in a 'Location' where a low time pilot is needed. I've met several pilots that are wanting the job to come to them. I don't know if anyone ever told you during your flight training but, "being a pilot and travel go hand in hand." ;)

Get a job at a local FBO. You may be surprised how many opportunities come up related to flying.

Get a Stearman and fly over towns dropping fliers for airplane rides. Land in nearby field. Profit.

Generally speaking, you need to live in a 'Location' where a low time pilot is needed. I've met several pilots that are wanting the job to come to them. I don't know if anyone ever told you during your flight training but, "being a pilot and travel go hand in hand." ;)

or be willing to travel, quite a few surveying jobs out there...

Good way to Build time going back and forth...

upload_2023-6-6_6-45-54.png

One of my students did that for a couple years, is now flying a Charter in a CJ3.

another of my students took the CFI route and instructed for a couple years, she is also flying Charter in a CJ3 now.

Brian
CFIIG/ASEL

It is easy enough to get a drone license and lots of work doing that. You will need to get some hours in for the really good jobs like cell tower inspections.

Get a job at a local FBO. You may be surprised how many opportunities come up related to flying.

Yeah, I got to fly a lot of different airplanes when I was instructing. I think I flew almost everything on the field with 2 or more seats.

Back