the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

How much PA32 time do you have now? Fly the J3 down here and take mine. I'm sure we can work out the financials. :)
Haha - If it was my J3 to leave for you I'd do it in a heartbeat. You have no idea how much renter$ $pend ju$t to keep the dream$ alive.

I don't know but I'm truly getting sick and tired of renting. One place has students book all day every day into forever. The next place books big long trips into forever. The third place has one rental in the middle of my desired XC trip. The fourth place (DA40) requires flight school owner approval to fly XCs and grounds all planes around holidays (i.e. July 4). Because of the mission, I can't take the J3 and don't want to take the 170. The Mooney is still in the shop and I don't have hours in the PA30 (that is always available) for insurance. The DA42 is a 3 hr daily minimum at 385/hr and has inop aux tanks so a simple flight - say Chicago to KC requires a fuel stop.

:mad:

upload_2023-6-5_15-32-44.png

It's logical. An aircraft with FLIR is going to see either deer or Russians way better than an animal that assumes the temperature of its environment.

There's reports that russian corpses are decomposing and showing up on the thermal scopes the Ukrainians are using. There's so many corpses they're cluttering up the scopes.

I'm not to the end yet, but did you catch that he said (at 7:00) that right-side wheel nuts are anodized red and left-side nuts green? I paused and looked at the document closer and it does show LEFT HAND - RED and RIGTH [sic] HAND - GREEN. One wonders how the debate on this went, between using the nautical green/red colors to mean the threadedness of the nuts or to mean the side of the car they go on. I say "one wonders" because I believe I'm the only one wondering this.
You’re not the only one who noticed, nor the only one who wondered why the heck they would choose to do it bass-ackward from (as far as I know) every single other red/green left/right moving conveyance standard.

The only thing I can come up with is that the left side nuts are a standard right-hand thread, and the right-side nuts are a “wrong” left-hand thread. So if you color code for the threads, not the nut placement, they’re correct.

You may be surprised to hear that dunking your (hard wired) earphones in your coffee is not a good idea.

Anyone know what "COR" means on a turbulence AIRMET? Checked FF/AWC legends and came up with nothing.

upload_2023-6-7_14-28-56.png

AWC legend FWIW...
upload_2023-6-7_14-30-3.png

yeah, IR... He's a good instructor, but between my schedule and his it's just not been the best fit in getting it done after I got the plane back from annual. Doesn't help that he has a day job, plus being a CFI+II. Now that he's leaving to envoy, I think I'm going to have to find another path. Sucks cause we just did the ifr xc a cpl weeks back and it went perfectly.

yeah, IR... He's a good instructor, but between my schedule and his it's just not been the best fit in getting it done after I got the plane back from annual. Doesn't help that he has a day job, plus being a CFI+II. Now that he's leaving to envoy, I think I'm going to have to find another path. Sucks cause we just did the ifr xc a cpl weeks back and it went perfectly.
This is the guy we both mutually know, right? Let me reach out to some independents from my club (same club he's in) and see what's what.

Who else thought the sport tire should have won?

I'm on hold with Delta, who is on hold with someone else at Delta. It's been this way for almost an hour. Next time, I'm going to have my guitar handy so I can at least pass the time learning the on-hold music. The hold music seems to be the perk of "Platinum Medallion" status, because getting prompt assistance with a carrier-stupidity-necessitated itinerary change certainly isn't. (We booked a 3-flight, 6-leg itinerary to accommodate a cruise and personal preferences. They canceled the returning flight and put us on one departing within an hour after the cruise debarks. So we are trying to adjust the itinerary to 2-flight, 5-leg alternative with a different starting/ending airport, which it turns out is extremely complicated.)

Anyone know if Opspecs for a 135 outfit are public? If so, anyone know how to access?

I worked for a company in the 90s called Sara Lee that owned Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage, as Jimmy Dean himself sold it to them. Jimmy came with the company, and he was one of the largest Sara Lee stock holders.

He did all the commercials for JD Breakfast Sausages. Would never follow a script. They had to just shoot film of him ad libbing for up to two hours, and then try to edit together something cohesive.

When he came to the corporate office he had his wife, personal assistant, make up, and although indoors still wore a cowboy hat and dark mirrored sun glasses. And a few of our office folks - the more senior - got a big kick out of being next to him, asking for autographs, etc. He was from what I saw always nice to the fans.

He did all the commercials for JD Breakfast Sausages. Would never follow a script. They had to just shoot film of him ad libbing for up to two hours, and then try to edit together something cohesive.
I remember those being on TV. I always liked his voice. I remember asking my mom for Jimmy Dean sausage (I saw the package at the store), and she told me it was too expensive. From then on "Jimmy Dean sausage was for rich people" was burned into my brain. I haven't been in a grocery store in a few years...I assume they still sell it?

I remember those being on TV. I always liked his voice. I remember asking my mom for Jimmy Dean sausage (I saw the package at the store), and she told me it was too expensive. From then on "Jimmy Dean sausage was for rich people" was burned into my brain. I haven't been in a grocery store in a few years...I assume they still sell it?

Yes, they do still sell it, at least they still were on Tuesday when I did my weekly grocery shop at Publix. :)

Back