Two Apaches collide,3 dead, Alaska, 4/28

Units second Class A within a year…tough flying conditions still lots of snow. Night multi ship attack missions are part of doctrine for Army. Hope the surviving soldier can give insight. Although an awareness of mid airs was always briefed and SOP take effect to avoid them I can’t ever remember a mid air with two pure attack aircraft. RIP

It is sad. From the army link above, current army chief of staff is a pilot.

Did not realize this happened in the middle of the day…

It is sad. From the army link above, current army chief of staff is a pilot.
He is also a Master Army Aviator and early in his career was the Operations Officer for Flight Concepts …when it comes to Army Aviation he is the real deal.

He is also a Master Army Aviator and early in his career was the Operations Officer for Flight Concepts …when it comes to Army Aviation he is the real deal.

Looks like he bypassed 160th and straight to Flight Concepts. Guy I worked with at Lowe got picked for FC. Told me he was going to a 30 day course on ethics training or some nonsense. Not sure if he didn’t want to tell the truth in case he didn’t get picked up. Anyway, my platoon leader told me he was assessing so it didn’t matter. I remember when when he got back he hobbled into my office and gave me his grounding slip for like 2 weeks for some ankle injury. Said it was the hardest thing he’s ever done and this was coming from a former Army Ranger. Command didn’t want to release him because we were short IPs but FC gets what they want. I think he was gone within a month. :cool:

Looks like he bypassed 160th and straight to Flight Concepts...

Speaking of, I got to listen to Alan Mack tell his side of the early days of OEF thru Razor 03 and Red Wings. I was doing C2 for the conventional and white SOF JTACs during the Anacoda infil and always wondered about what was going on in the 160th’s mind that night. It all makes a lot of sense now, but living thru it in real time there was a lot of questions…

Speaking of, I got to listen to Alan Mack tell his side of the early days of OEF thru Razor 03 and Red Wings. I was doing C2 for the conventional and white SOF JTACs during the Anacoda infil and always wondered about what was going on in the 160th’s mind that night. It all makes a lot of sense now, but living thru it in real time there was a lot of questions…

I attended a brief back around 2007 from CW4 Chuck Gant (Razor 01). Incredible battle on Takur Ghar. A lot went wrong especially just from a miscommunication standpoint.

Flew past that peak several times in OEF. Still had some Chinook debris down there. Some of the guys landed and took some back for memorabilia.

My youngest is in Fairbanks and both her and her significant other are in Aviation she’s with ForeFlight him F-35s…tight Aviation community and local reports are there are some serious crew rest issues associated with this accident…then again not to normalize it but the Army in the field, this has always been an ongoing issue.

Back