RRRRRRRough River 2023! (2I3 4/21/2023 - 4/23/2023)

4/21 - 4/23

• that is a good weekend for me, I'm in!

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • that is not a good weekend for me or I just hate having fun, I'm out!

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
View attachment 116572I have this grill that I can bring, but I’m going to guess that Lance really doesn’t want a propane tank in his airplane. If anyone who is driving in can bring propane, I’ll bring it.

We’re driving. I can bring my propane tank if you’re bringing that grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got this with my lunch today...
Kind of makes me wonder what exactly goes on in Rough River that makes it so exotic... o_O
Guess I'll find out in a few days!
upload_2023-4-17_16-21-28.png

Kind of makes me wonder what exactly goes on in Rough River that makes it so exotic... o_O

View attachment 116651
At the first one at RR (I think), eman apologized to everyone there after he had been banned from the Forum for allegedly insulting countless members of POA. No one there could or would admit to being insulted by eman so we all had a beer (or twelve) and unanimously made him the permanent chairman of the RR Fly-In.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Cheers

What's the plan for Saturday? I'm in for the day if weather cooperates. Anything on the agenda?
We usually fly out to various points of interest on Saturdays. It gives us the opportunity to see places we don’t ordinarily get to visit.

I think this year Chattanooga got the vote?

On another note, does anyone have an extra room or need a roommate? Preferably someone who doesn’t have cooties. :)

On another note, does anyone have an extra room or need a roommate? Preferably someone who doesn’t have cooties. :)
My friend actually just cancelled last week, so hey, if you need a spot it's open! It's a spare BR in a cabin.

c7caf01661ffdf1e557cc11c68f62a4e.jpg

Hopefully a little less creepy than bugs bunny…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you're saying weather doesn't move? Got it. :)

Just bustin' your chops. Hope you guys have fun and fly safe.

Weather does not move. There, I said it. Weather stays in the exact same spot and the flat earth moves underneath it. That is how weather works.

Whats the count up to? RR can get crowded pretty quick..

Y'all have fun and post lots of photos. I'm still showing 300 foot ceilings back home on Sunday and a weather system between us and you guys today.

I know every year there's something that happens we can't talk about so if anyone just wants to text me in real time a photo of whomever it is throwing up on themselves while holding two Roman candles and simultaneously falling into the fire pit while riding some sort of inflatable animal, that would be very kind.

I’m watching the forecast closely. It looks like the system is moving through here tomorrow during the morning hours, followed by gusty winds. I want to come, but I’m playing it by ear at the moment.

How many of y’all will still be there Sunday or through Sunday afternoon?

So close and yet so far...

IMG_20230421_144511695_HDR.jpg IMG_20230421_144426875_HDR.jpg

Cool! Watching tomorrow's weather. I'll make a decision tonight!

Rain and winds let up, only lite drizzle right now.

Rain and winds let up, only lite drizzle right now.
I think we're going to launch in about 5. Looks like a good window. Definitely lightening up in the south.

What’s the plan for tomorrow and Sunday?

Usually people get drunk AFTER they arrive….

Any guesses on who this was and what may have happened?

756d22946f31a57b3ce37c4bde953138.jpg

Back