Daily Pic

Jim trying to get them to honk their horn......

200.gif

It is a Westwind. Was developed by Aero Commander/Israeli aircraft. This was one of the later ones. There are only a handful of these left flying. One of the first capable corporate/business jets. For me it’s one of those you hear about but never see.
What's the deal with the wing attachment. It looks like it goes through the fuselage. I've never seen one like this. Is there a spar carry through?

Ewww... you didn't kiss that thing did you?

We pulled up there early in the morning, before they even opened, and there was already 7 busses there. We left.
You gotta go in February and brave the crappy weather. We almost had the whole castle to ourselves. And yes, I kissed it. Haven't you heard me drone on forever? I've got the gift of gab.

And yes, I kissed it. Haven't you heard me drone on forever?

eeeewww....

But even more disgusting is the little known fact that the Blarney Stone was once the deflector stone at the bottom of a toilet.

I don't know if that is true or not, but it is enough to keep my lips off of that stone.

eeeewww....

But even more disgusting is the little known fact that the Blarney Stone was once the deflector stone at the bottom of a toilet.

I don't know if that is true or not, but it is enough to keep my lips off of that stone.
The story that turned me off was the teenage employees peeing on it at night....
That and the spit and lipstick and herpes of a million other people.
Not sure which one is more disgusting.

The story that turned me off was the teenage employees peeing on it at night....
That and the spit and lipstick and herpes of a million other people.
Not sure which one is more disgusting.

Ok, that has totally grossed me out. I am off to my sterile isolation unit for a week...:yesnod: :lol:

The not so green part of Ireland. We happened onto this area on accident. I thought it was awesome. This is the Burren geosite.

View attachment 116182

Brings back memories - as a kid, I used to spend my summers near Galway in Ireland where my grandparents had a place. The burren and cliffs of Moher were frequent day trip destinations!

the Blarney Stone was once the deflector stone at the bottom of a toilet

The stone was set into a tower of the Blarney castle in 1446, according to Wikipedia.

I suppose all sorts of things might have happened to some random stone more than 500 years ago. Not sure who would keep track of that, though.

You gotta go in February and brave the crappy weather. We almost had the whole castle to ourselves. And yes, I kissed it. Haven't you heard me drone on forever? I've got the gift of gab.

I used to live in Ireland. Honestly, the weather isn't much different between February and July - it's crappy year round lol.

Yup, Germany (where I’m from) is grey as well, especially in the winter. Part of the reason I made my way across the pond to live on the other side of the Atlantic ;-)

Sounds like Illinois.

Can't be that bad in Illinois.

Annual average sunshine hours in Chicago: 2,508
Annual average sunshine hours in Dublin: 1,452

That's a huge difference. In the worst month (December), Chicago has double the amount of sunshine compared to Dublin (106 hours vs. 53 hours).

Can't be that bad in Illinois.

Annual average sunshine hours in Chicago: 2,508
Annual average sunshine hours in Dublin: 1,452

That's a huge difference. In the worst month (December), Chicago has double the amount of sunshine compared to Dublin (106 hours vs. 53 hours).
oh...oh...now do Corpus Christie....:D

Back