Garmin Pilot Questions

Leo Langston

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
llangston1
So I recently switched the Garmin Pilot from Foreflight and I have some questions about missing features. In FF after a flight that was recorded you could see the recorded flight path on the map and if you looked at the profile view you could see the Alt and speed traces and use a slider to go back and forth through the flight. After my first flight today using GP I can see the ground track laid out on the map but I don’t see any way to see the profile view of that flight. So is this something that doesn’t exist in GP or requires the premium upgrade? Also when setting up the log book entries in FF I was able to create some custom categories of High performance and retractable gear for my log entries. I don’t see any way to create those custom categories with GP. Is that correct or is there a way to create your own custom logbook categories ?

Leo

go to settings....aircraft...and create a plane profile?

not sure about the flight track profile, if for any odd reason I need to see that I go to flightaware.

If you login to your flygarmin account and select logbook, you can retrace flights.

Also when setting up the log book entries in FF I was able to create some custom categories of High performance and retractable gear for my log entries. I don’t see any way to create those custom categories with GP. Is that correct or is there a way to create your own custom logbook categories ?

Leo

You can select these settings in the aircraft details per aircraft in your logbook, and it transparently tallies those flight times in the experience reports.

Thx for the responses. I found the fly Garmin page where I can review the flights. It’s a little i convenient to do that but it works so now I know how to use that. I did find a page in GP where I have set up a Ryan Navion A as a hi performance retract. I selected that as the plane for my flight so I hope those categories get the flight times added to them. I don’t see how to get a specific report on Retract times but I will keep looking.

I don’t see how to get a specific report on Retract times but I will keep looking.

Go to Logbook, then to Reports, and hit the Characteristics tab. Retract time will be in there.

Go to Logbook, then to Reports, and hit the Characteristics tab. Retract time will be in there.
That did it. Thx so much. I FF I was used to manually entering the times for retract, complex and hi perf. It’s nice to have those auto entered for me.

So is there a specific internet forum for Garmin Pilot users? As a new user I have other questions and am always looking for tips and tricks to make it easier to use. Currently I wonder if there is a easy way to plane a fuel stop for a long cross country. I don’t see any long distance range or fuel usage rings that cpuld be placed on the flight track to indicate where I need to look for a place to stop. I know the old AOPA flight planner used to show fuel range marks to show when you were eating into your reserves. I don’t see that in the latest AOPA flight planner. I can brute force it by just selecting an intermediate waypoint and seeing what the fuel usage will be. Any other tips or tricks for doing this as part of my flight planning?

Back