Want To Buy iPad Mini 6 with cellular

Scrabo

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Scrabo
My old mini 4 is a bit long in the tooth - looking for a reasonably priced used mini 6.

I just went two months + of looking for the same, used on craigslist and marketplace. Chased a handful of sellers that didn't work out and with frustrating communication. Finally gave up - went to best buy and paid the price for a new one. Hope you do better.

Another option - is there a student or teacher in the family? Apple offers an Educational discount...usually works out to be the tax (8-10%).

Yeah, i think the 6 is still new enough where it's not really worth buying secondhand unless you find a good deal on a refurb unit. For the minimal new-vs-used price difference right now, I personally decided to bite the bullet and get the new unit with all applicable warranties and such.

Try Swappa.com. That's where I bought my pro and my mini plus a couple of cell phones. I've never had a bad experience.

I usually buy and sell on swappa. Tried out backmarket and should get a mini 6 cellular on Monday.

I just bought the mini 6 wifi for $399 weeks ago. The guys I know that have iPads all have the iPad Air or Mini 6 wifi...

My cellphone has a wifi hotspot, so I'm going to utilize that when I want to pack foreflight and update the maps. Otherwise, I'll be linked to the stratus for traffic and weather in the cockpit. Consider that if you can get a wifi hotspot on your dataplan included.

That should work fine. But a few times I forgot to bring my adsb/GPS device and the internal GPS bailed me out. The money you save going wifi you can put towards higher storage version.

Just a comment on Wifi vs Cellular (a vote for cellular/GPS): By suggestion from my CFII during my IFR training I upgraded Foreflight and now have the blue airplane position on the IFR approach charts. I'm sure it's possible via Sentry or maybe hotspotting to your phone or whatever, but sure was easy this way and worth every penny to have the built-in GPS.

That should work fine. But a few times I forgot to bring my adsb/GPS device and the internal GPS bailed me out. The money you save going wifi you can put towards higher storage version.
The Cherokee I fly has a stratus transponder with adsb in, so it's in the plane. If I buy a plane, that will be one of the first upgrades I'll make when the transponder is up for recertification.

If you are still looking I have a mint condition iPad mini6 w/ cellular. I also have the kneeboard for it. Everything works great with zero scratches. I wont be flying again for awhile so I am trying to clear some space and free up a little capital for other hobbies.

Edit: I was able to sell my iPad

Last edited:
Thanks but I found a brand new, one sealed in box, on the VAF forums for a good price

Back