Avionics Shop Recommendations - Midwest / Southeast

WDD

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Vintage Snazzy (so my adult children say)
I've got some recommendations from searching, but most posts are a bit old.

What shops would people recommend?

I've dug up recommendations for Cincinnati Avionics, AV West near Atlanta, Treasure Coast Avionics. What others might the collective recommend?

I'm based here in Atlanta area. Looking for installing a GFC 500 and either a set of G5s or G275s into a Skylane.

Thanks!

If you are interested in considering a Dynon Skyview system with auto pilot, etc. I'd be happy to give you a quote. I'm in north-central FL.

We have a Stratus transponder, a Garmin GTN 650xi, and I have no idea what the second Nav/Com is (King?). Isn't a Dynon going to get confused? :)

The Dynon will talk to the GTN650. The King will have its own CDI. The auto pilot will fly everything the 650 controls. The Dynon doesn't care if there is a Stratus Transponder. It can provide altitude encoder info to it. The Dynon system would likely be close to the same price as a GFC500 and 2 GI275's.

The Dynon will talk to the GTN650. The King will have its own CDI. The auto pilot will fly everything the 650 controls. The Dynon doesn't care if there is a Stratus Transponder. It can provide altitude encoder info to it. The Dynon system would likely be close to the same price as a GFC500 and 2 GI275's.

I'll ask the club people if they'd consider non garmin. Thanks!

(Nothing against Dynon - it’s just that it’s not my plane, but the club's as looked after by the elected officers and that’s how they roll for now).

Last edited:
I believe Martin Pauley was pretty pleased with Gardner at Peachtree City. They did a big job on his Bonanza.

You probably don't want to go all the way to Wisconsin but mine was just done by Skycom. They did everything right the first time. So far the only avionics shop I've tried that can say that.

You ought to talk to Southern Air Group at Covington KCVC. They’re a Garmin Platinum dealer, and I’ve seen and flown some awesome installs they’ve done. Tell Steve or Cole I sent you.

I've got some recommendations from searching, but most posts are a bit old.

What shops would people recommend?

I've dug up recommendations for Cincinnati Avionics, AV West near Atlanta, Treasure Coast Avionics. What others might the collective recommend?

I'm based here in Atlanta area. Looking for installing a GFC 500 and either a set of G5s or G275s into a Skylane.

Thanks!
I consider myself very lucky to have Scott and Cincinnati Avionics very close by. Can't say enough good things about Scott and his support of my panel.
I would try real hard to use someone close to you because there have been updates and mandatory SB that were done while I waited and watched all for no charge. It would not be the same having someone else support your panel that did not install it. IMO

I had great service, a fair price, and on time with Stark Avionics in early 2020. GTN 650xi, dual G5, GMA 345, GNC 255A, GTX 345, GFC 500, new TC, new VSI, and a couple odds and ends. They were in Columbus, GA then. In Panama City, FL (KECP) now. Different employees, but I'd expect the same service.

How deep into the Midwest are you willing to go? I had a GFC 600, G500 TXi w/ EIS, and GI 275 installed here in ND and I'm happy with the results. They were in particular accurate about the lead times and installation times as well as budget. The only time and cost overruns were airframe squawks that came up while we were in there, which is bound to happen when you open things up enough to put in an autopilot and EIS. I'd be glad to give you a referral if you wanted to go that far.

By the way, I vote for GI 275s over G5s if they can drive the GFC 500. I have time with both (in both cases as a standby instrument) and I think the GI 275 has a couple of advantages. Better screen, synthetic vision in the attitude indicator, HSI map with weather, traffic, terrain, and graphic flight plan depiction, and you could add another one later (for an MFD or EIS) and not have a hodgepodge of different units in the panel.

Back