So Cal Paint Shop Recomendations

Ventucky Red

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jon
Like the title says, any recommendations in Southern CA.

Don’t have any personal experience, but I’ve heard good things about a shop based out of Santa Maria.

Quality-wise, ArtCraft at SMX is probably the best in the area. They did some touch-up on a not-so-great paint job we had done, and the touch up work held up very well. I've also heard the job at AJO is good. Suggest visiting both and looking at finished products, pricing etc. If you haven't been through this process before, it often gets more involved than you planned at first. Consider carefully that you may want to replace any worn fairings, and if you think you might have windows to replace, now is the time to do that.

We are probably about 4-5 years out from getting next paint job (at which point our current paint job will be 22-23 years old), and we will most likely use ArtCraft.

Agree, SMX and AJO are the popular shops in the area. AJO is the less expensive option, but I think the work I've seen from SMX is slightly better. You can definitely get good work at AJO, but you need to really stay on top of them and be 100% clear on what you want. Both shops are pretty busy so expect 3-4 months to get a slot, then 6-8 weeks for the work.

C.

Back