Airline Watchlist

A

Anonymous 1

I made a big mistake, I got into a verbal dispute with an airline customer service employee. They inquired as to if I was a pilot, I lied and said no. Now I am on the airlines "Watchlist" and am virtually unemployable in the aviation field. Any suggestions for aviation employers that either won't ask/won't care about me being on an airline watchlist?

I made a big mistake, I got into a verbal dispute with an airline customer service employee. They inquired as to if I was a pilot, I lied and said no. Now I am on the airlines "Watchlist" and am virtually unemployable…
And just how do we know you are telling the truth now?

Uh oh, that isn’t good! Any time you get placed on the airline watchlist, you automatically get put onto the FBI’s suspicious persons registry and your license plate gets recorded with the police. I’d be concerned going out in public without a disguise of some kind because you’ll be easily identifiable.

Why did they ask you if you were a pilot? How would they know that you lied? Are you sure you weren't already on the watchlist before this incident?

Anonymouse 1 :rolleyes:
Any suggestions for aviation employers that either won't ask/won't care about me being on an airline watchlist?

Try banner tow. They only check for tail wheel time.

Cameras at location of dispute?
Recorded call?

interesting that the airlines check with each other (hey Joe, anyone new on your watchlist today? No, Tony, but I hear the rental car companies are joining our list service)

There is too a list! You just need a secret squirrel decoder ring to read it! Geez, don’t you people know anything?

Damn near every pilot job will need you to fly on an airliner occasionally, whether it be to retrieve an airplane, go to training, etc. There is nobody who is going to hire you if you are on the airlines do-not-fly list. You'd be a major hinderance to their operation. Plus they aren't going to trust somebody who the airlines do not trust.

Your focus needs to be on how you get yourself off that list. If you cannot, you will never be able to make a decent living in aviation, and you need to find a different career path that will never require you travel.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Show some respect! Secret Squirrel is a proper noun, and should be capitalized!
Show some respect! Secret Squirrel is a proper noun, and should be capitalized!
Oh no! Now it will be spying on me! Recording my bad landings (most), messed up radio calls (many), sloppy pattern…. How can I appease the mighty Secret Squirrel?

I made a big mistake, I got into a verbal dispute with an airline customer service employee. They inquired as to if I was a pilot, I lied and said no. Now I am on the airlines "Watchlist" and am virtually unemployable in the aviation field. Any suggestions for aviation employers that either won't ask/won't care about me being on an airline watchlist?

Suggestion 1: Don't get into a verbal dispute with them.
Suggestion 2: Don't lie.

So. They just randomly asked if you were a pilot? Would love to have see the argument that led up to that question. We’re you arguing about weather, runway conditions, mechanical issues? Did you have your aviator sunglasses and private pilot hat on?

So. They just randomly asked if you were a pilot? Would love to have see the argument that led up to that question. Wereyou arguing about weather, runway conditions, mechanical issues? Did you have your aviator sunglasses and private pilot hat on?

Probably overheard the argument about which is better LOP or ROP. Dead giveaway!

Just go down to Delta, pick up a job application, fill it out, check 'pilot' as the intended position, and let THEM tell you if you're disqualified, and why.

To be fair to the OP, it seems to be a requirement to be surly and unintelligent to be a CSA these days. Unless you threatened violence I highly doubt you are on any sort of watchlist.

Unless you threatened violence I highly doubt you are on any sort of watchlist.

And if you did, they'll probably hire you as a CSA.

Or possibly to beat up elderly physicians and throw them off planes. Or maybe they need someone to smash guitars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back